纪录片《美国商业大亨传奇》 喋血工厂(14)(在线收听

Follow me, sir.

请随我来 先生

Henry.

亨利

Andrew.

安德鲁

Good to see you, thank you for coming.

很高兴见到你 谢谢你能来

It's my pleasure.

荣幸之至

Please, sit.

请坐

Thank you.

谢谢

Whiskey, neat.

威士忌 纯的

Now, Henry, I believe you've married since I saw you last.

亨利 上次见你之后 你好像结婚了

Marriage changes a man, Andrew.

婚姻能改变一个男人 安德鲁

Oh. How's that?

怎么讲

Well, let's say I've calmed down a bit.

我想我比原来冷静了一些

Well, it's a noble institution, as they say.

据说是一次很高贵的结合

I don't know about noble,but it's an institution.

高不高贵我不知道 反正是一次结合

An institution nonetheless, right?

反正是一次结合

The partnership between Carnegie and Frick was analogous to the way a good business partnership works today.

卡内基和弗里克之间的联手 和如今的良好商业合作关系很像

You want somebody as completely opposite and different from you as you possibly can get.

你要找一个完全和你不同 完全和你互补的人作为合作伙伴

Frick's first assignment is to get Carnegie Steel into shape.

弗里克的第一个任务是帮助卡内基钢铁公司增强实力

His boss believes that Frick will use his toughness to cut costs and eliminate waste......leading to bigger profits.

作为弗里克的老板 他相信弗里克能够使用他的冷酷无情 削减成本 避免浪费进而得到更大利润

Many see giving Frick so much power as a huge risk.

很多人认为给弗里克太多权力 风险太大

But Carnegie decides it's a risk worth taking.

不过卡内基认为 这个风险值得冒

Welcome aboard, Henry.

欢迎加入 亨利

Thank you, Andrew.

谢谢 安德鲁

In the end, hiring Frick may be the worst decision of Carnegie's career.

最后看来 招募弗里克可能是卡内基生涯中最糟糕的决定

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpmgsydhcq/552817.html