纪录片《美国商业大亨传奇》 喋血工厂(28)(在线收听

May the Lord in his love and mercy help you.

愿主的关爱与慈悲帮助你

May the Lord free you from sin and save you and raise you up.

愿主免除你的罪恶 挽救你 并将你升入天堂

In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

以圣父 圣子 圣灵之名

Accidents on the plant floor keep multiplying.Until one proves fatal.

工厂车间里的事故不断增加 直到最终造成有人死亡

The death has the potential to unite the overwhelmed workforce.

这次死亡让不堪重负的工人们更加团结

Frick knows what's coming.

弗里克知道会发生什么

Dear Andrew,I am not prepared to believe that we will win without a severe struggle.

亲爱的安德鲁 我们估计需要经过残酷的斗争才能取胜

I regret to say it does not seem that there is any other course open for us.

我很遗憾 但是我们确实别无他法

We would better make the fight and be through with it.

我们必须坚定不移地战斗到底

Henry, One thing we are all sure of no contest will be entered into that will fail.

亨利 有一点我们都很肯定 必然失败的竞争是没人会参与的

We all approve of anything you do.

我们都很支持你所做的一切

We are with you to the end.

我们会永远和你站在一起

Knowing his boss has his back,Frick throws the first punch.

得到了老板的支持 弗里克打出了第一张牌

He tells workers that Carnegie Steel won't negotiate.

他告诉工人们 卡内基钢铁公司不会妥协

And conditions won't be improving.

工作条件不会得到改善

Frick didn't understand the steelworkers believed that the mill belonged to them.

弗里克并不理解 钢铁工人相信工厂属于他们

They were the ones who made the steel.

他们才是生产钢铁的人

It was their plant and they weren't gonna to let this nasty little Frick take it from them.

这是他们的工厂 他们可不打算让肮脏卑劣的弗里克从他们手中夺走它

Under the management of Mr. Frick,the Carnegie Company has wiped out organization in the Edgar Thompson works.

在弗里克先生的管理下 卡内基公司清理了埃德加·汤普森工厂的组织

Has wiped out organization in the coke region and are about to wipe out organization in Homestead.No!

清理了焦炭地区的组织 正打算清理霍姆斯泰德的组织 不

The time has come to send Mr. Frick a message.That's right.

是时候给弗里克先生传递明确信息了 对

We do not accept the new pay scale.No.

我们不接受新的工资标准 不接受

We do not accept the poor working conditions.No.

我们不接受恶劣工作条件 不接受

We do not accept the long hours.No.

我们不接受长工作时间 不接受

And why can we do this?Because we are a union. Yeah!

为什么我们能够这样做 因为我们是工会联盟 对

And nobody, nobody will break us!Yeah!

没人 没人能够弄垮我 对

All those in favor of striking, raise your hands.Yeah!

支持罢工的人 请举手 好

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpmgsydhcq/552831.html