大家说英语 第620期:帮我做作业?(在线收听

Alice and Cindy were doing their homework for history class.

艾丽斯和辛迪正在做历史课的作业。

Alice didn't like history. She thought it was boring.

艾丽斯不喜欢历史这门课,她觉得历史很无聊。

Cindy liked history, so she didn't mind the homework.

辛迪喜欢历史,所以她不厌恶这份作业。

But the homework was taking a long time.

不过,这份作业相当费时。

Alice and Cindy wanted to go to a movie.

艾丽斯和辛迪想去看电影。

They needed to leave soon, but they still had a lot of homework to do.

她们再过不久就得出发了,但是却还有许多作业要做。

Alice couldn't wait. She had an idea.

艾丽斯等不及了,她有个点子。

"Cindy," she said, "this homework is taking too long. We can work faster."

“辛迪,”她说,“这份作业花的时间太长了,我们可以用比较快的方法做。”

"How can we do that?" asked Cindy.

“怎么可能?”辛迪问。

"Homework always takes a long time. And we have a lot more to do."

“作业总是要花很多时间,而且我们还有很多要做。”

"It doesn't have to take a long time," said Alice.

“作业不必花很多时间,”艾丽斯说。

"Let's make a deal. We can share the work.

“我们来做个交易。我们可以分享作业。

You finish my history homework, and I will do your math homework."

你帮我做历史作业,我帮你做数学作业。”

Cindy was surprised. Alice's idea sounded like cheating.

辛迪吃了一惊。艾丽斯的点子听起来像是作弊。

And Cindy didn't want to cheat. But she did want to go to the movie.

而辛迪并不想作弊。不过她真的想去看电影。

"I don't know, Alice," Cindy said.

“艾丽斯,我不知道耶,”辛迪说。

"If you do my math homework, I will get a bad grade on the test. I won't be able to do the problems."

“如果你帮我写数学作业,到时候我考试成续就会很差,因为我不知道该怎么解答那些题目。”

"Don't worry," said Alice. "I will help you study for the test. We have to help each other, right?"

“别担心,”艾丽斯说,“我会帮你准备考试。我们必须互相帮忙呀,对不对?”

What should Cindy do? What would you do?

辛迪该怎么办?你会怎么办?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/djsyy1/553822.html