纪录片《美国商业大亨传奇》 掌控全局(47)(在线收听

The case will be the biggest challenge of Rockefeller's life.

这个案件将是洛克菲勒有生以来面临的最大挑战

A fight that will determine the future of the country.

这一战将会决定这个国家的未来

As Rockefeller is forced to defend the company he built from nothing into one of the most powerful corporation's on earth.

洛克菲勒被迫捍卫他的公司 他从无到有打造的世界上最强大的一家公司

Buy now. Buy everything. Buy the whole company.

现在就买 全部买下 买下整个公司

It's Rockefeller.

洛克菲勒来了

The United States versus Standard Oil.

美国政府诉标准石油公司

This hearing is now in session.

听证会现在开庭

Please state your name.

请说出你的名字

John Rockefeller.

约翰·洛克菲勒

Mr. Rockefeller, can you tell the court how in just one year, in 1872, you acquired all the refineries in Cleveland

洛克菲勒先生 你能告诉本庭 你是如何在一八七二年短短的一年之内 收购了克利夫兰所有炼油厂的吗

I don't remember.

我不记得了

It was 36 years ago.

那是36年前的事了

You used intimidation to wipe out the competition, did you not?

你利用恐吓手段消灭了竞争 不是吗

I mean, so ruthlessly that it became known as the Cleveland massacre.

当时是那么的冷酷无情 以致被称为克利夫兰大屠杀

I don't remember any massacre.

我不记得有什么屠杀

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpmgsydhcq/553996.html