福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 第一季第9集You Do It to Yourself(24)(在线收听

 

There's one thing that still puzzles me,

还有一件事让我很困惑

is why he confessed.

为什么他要认罪

I've been racking my brain.

我绞尽脑汁地想

I can only come up with two possible answers.

我只能想出两个原因

One, he thought you left it there by mistake

一是,他以为是你约会后

after a tryst, and you were planning

不小心落在那里的

to go back, retrieve it, dispose of it,

他以为你想回去找到它,扔掉它

having no idea that the police would recover it first.

只是没想到警方先找到了

Two, he's the ultimate sap.

二是,他是个超级大笨蛋

He realized that you set him up,

他意识到是你陷害他

but he loves you so much,

但他太爱你

he thought he'd just take the fall anyway.

他觉得索性就替你顶罪吧

Either way, he comes off looking a bit dim.

不管如何,他都前景渺茫了

Please, I'd like you to leave now.

我要请你们离开了

If you have something to tell us,

如果你有什么要说的

the sooner, the better.

越快越好

Not just for Brendan O'Brien, but for you.

不仅为了布兰登·奥布莱恩,也为了你自己

This is an old manual given to Chinese political police.

这是中国警方的一本手册

It teaches how to beat a suspect,

教人如何殴打嫌犯

but leave no marks.

却不会留下痕迹

He used these techniques to hurt me.

他用这上面的手段伤害我

And he also made me do things.

他还让我做别的事情

Sex things, horrible things while he taped them.

情色的事情,还将它们录下来

Let's say we believe you, Mrs. Annunzio.

阿农奇奥夫人,我相信你说的

That doesn't justify murder.

但这并不是杀人的理由

I had nothing to do with Trent's death.

我没有杀死特伦特

I don't believe Brendan did either.

我也不认为是布兰登干的

I... I can't explain how the phone that was used

我不知道那部手机是怎么

to contact Trent's killer got into Brendan's apartment,

到了布兰登的公寓里的

but I do know he would never take a life.

但我知道他不会杀人

Respectfully, Mrs. Annunzio, you've just told us

恕我冒昧,阿农奇奥夫人

that your husband was a sadist and a pervert.

你刚才说你的丈夫是个虐待狂加变态

Assuming that's true,

假设你说的是真的

why would we trust your judgment?

我们该如何相信你呢

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jbyyf/555317.html