《足迹》精讲05(在线收听

  Let me top you up.

  让我替你斟满吧。

  I heard a rumor that you wanted to marry her.

  我听传言说你想要娶她。

  That can’t be true, can it?Why not?

  这不可能是真的 不是吗? 为什么不可能?

  In this day and age, is marriage absolutely necessary?

  在此时此世 结婚还是有必要的吗?

  Isn’t it a bit old hat?

  这是不是有点老土了?

  Is it?It’s a mug’s game.

  是吗? 这是一场丑陋的游戏。

  I wouldn’t go near it if I were you.You can’t marry her.

  换作我是你我就不会选择结婚 你不能和她结婚。

  You can’t marry her because she’s married to me.

  你不能和她结婚因为她已经嫁给我了。

  Unless I divorce her, of course.

  当然了除非我跟她离婚。

  And are you?Am I what?

  你会吗? 我会怎样?

  Going to divorce her?

  会跟她离婚吗?

  Are you really gonna make her wait five years?

  你真打算让她等上5年?

  She wants to know.To be honest, I can’t wait.

  她想要知道你是不是真的要让她等那么久 老实说 我等不了。

  But there are one or two things I’d like to clear up first.

  但我想首先澄清一两件事情。

  For example, I’ve never heard of an Italian called Tindle.

  例如 我从未听说过一个叫做汀多的意大利人。

  My father’s name is Tindolini.

  我父亲是姓汀多里尼。

  Now, that’s lovely.That’s like a little bell.

  很有趣 这才有点像话。

  Why don’t you go back to Tindolini?It suits you.

  你干嘛不用回汀多里尼? 那个姓适合你。

  You think so?Yes.

  你这么认为? 是的。

  So if and when you marry Maggie, she’ll be Maggie Tindolini.

  所以如果你娶了玛吉 她就成了玛吉 汀多里尼。

  Do you get a kick out of that?

  你喜欢那样吗?

  What name do you act under?Tindle or Tindolini?

  你艺名都用哪个姓? 汀多还是汀多里尼?

  Tindle.Why have I never heard of you?

  汀多 我为何从未听说过你?

  Really?In spades.

  真的? 绝无虚言

  That sounds threatening.Does it?

  听起来像是在威胁是吗?

  Doesn’t it?

  不是吗?

  Why don’t we get down to brass tacks?

  我们何不来谈谈正事呢?

  Brass tacks, yes.Why not?

  正事是的 为何不呢?

  This is the way I see it.

  我的看法是这样子。

  Come upstairs.

  上楼来。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zjjj/556549.html