羊皮卷的故事(11)(在线收听

It is my desire to become a seller of your goods instead of only your camel boy.

我想当一名推销员,帮您去卖货,我不想一辈子只当为您看管骆驼的僮仆。

I wish to become as Hadad, Simon, Caleb,

我想和哈德、西蒙、凯利他们一样,

and the others who depart from our baggage wagons with animals barely able to crawl from the weight of your goods

带着大批大批的货出去,

and who return with gold for thee and gold also for themselves.

回来的时候带回一大堆金子。

I desire to improve my lowly position in life.

我不想再过这样卑微的生活,

As a camel boy I am nothing,

一辈子喂养骆驼,没有什么出息,

but as a salesman for you

如果能做推销员,

I can acquire wealth and success

那我有一天也会成功,会赚大钱的。

"How do you know this?"

“你怎么会有这种念头呢?”

"Often have I heard you say that no other trade

“我常听您说,

or profession has more opportunity for one to rise from poverty to great wealth

一个人要想从贫穷变为富有,最有机会的方法

than that of salesman."

就是去做一名推销员。

Pathros began to nod

柏萨罗开始点头了,

but thought better of it and continued to question the youth.

思忖片刻,又继续问少年道:

"Do you believe you are capable of performing as Hadad and the other sellers?"

你认为自己能够做得像哈德还有其它推销员一样好吗?

Hafid stared intently at the old man and replied,

海菲信心十足地盯着老人答道:

"Many times have I overheard Caleb com plain to you

我常听凯利抱怨

about misfortunes that accounted for his lack of sales

运气不佳,货卖不出去,

and many times have I heard you remind him

也常听您提醒他说,

that anyone could sell all the goods in your warehouse within a small passing of time

任何人只要肯勤学推销的原则,掌握它的规律,

if he but applied himself to learn the principles and laws of selling.

就能在很短的时间里把货卖光。

If you believe that Caleb, whom everyone calls a fool, can learn these principles,

像凯利这么笨的人都能学会那些本领,

then cannot I also acquire this special knowledge?"

我就不能学会吗?”

"If you should master these principles what would be your goal in life?"

“如果有一天,你对那些原则运用自如,那你毕生的目标是什么?”

Hafid hesitated and then said:"

海菲犹豫了一下,然后答道:

It has been repeated throughout the land

人人都称赞您

that you are a great salesman.

是一位了不起的推销大师,

The world has never seen a trade empire such as you have built through your mastery of salesmanship.

世界上从来没有一个商业王国像您亲手建立的这么庞大。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/sjszwddtxysy/557005.html