校园英语迷你惯用语(12)(在线收听

56. I'd never try to woo someone with fine cars or gifts.

我决不会用香车和礼物来求婚.

woo...是"求爱,求婚"之意. 也可以用 try to win over a girl's heart的说法. fine 是"豪华的". 想开玩笑说(他是我的司机)就说 He's just my chauffer., 或 He's just my wheels/transportation.

57. He said he wouldn't try anything, but come on....

他说他不会做任何事,但说归说...

I wouldn't come on to you. 是(我不会逼迫你的)之意.

I wouldn't do anything funny. 是(我不会乱来的).

此处的 but come one 是接近于"够了,够了",也可用 Give me a break.

含义相似. I can read you like a book. 是(我深知你心)之意.

58. We are kind of stuck in a rut.

我们有点陷入固定(乏味)的生活方式.

rut 是"车痕;常规;惯例". be/get stuck in a rut 是"陷于同一种模式,

惯例"之意. 与 be/get in the same old routine. 同义.

(是该分手的时候了)是说 Time to call it quits.

59. I wonder if there's an easy way to break up and still be friends.

我在想有没有既能分手又能彼此做朋友的简便方法.

"分手"可说 break up 或split up, 如: She broke up with him.

(她和他分手了). 想要彻底分手时,可以说 Let's not make it messy.

(我们不要拖泥带水的分手.). 也可以说 Let's make a clean break.

(让我们彻底的分手.)

60. Isn't that something how he left me after four years?

交往了4年之后,他这样离开我不是太过分了吗?

Isn't that something...? 是"...不是太过分了吗?"

俗语说 He dumped/dropped me. 是(他甩了我)的意思.

He turned me down. 则是(他拒绝了我).

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/phrase/5734.html