我要提供你认股权(在线收听


SCENE
B  隔周,吉娜到老板的隔间去看他

【我要提供你认股权】

 

Vince:         I want to 1) offer you more InfoKing stock options.

文斯:         我要提供你资讯王的认股权。

 

Zina:  When you hired me, you knew you were going to be low on cash, didn't you?

吉娜:         你在雇用我的当时,就知道你会缺现金,对吧?

 

Vince:         Let me explain. To get more cash, I'll have to borrow more from Vikam, the 2) venture 3) capitalists.

文斯:         容我解释。为了要有更多现金,我就得跟投资我们的维康创投借更多的钱。

 

Zina:           I know how it works. You don't want to give away any more of your future 4) profits than you have to.

吉娜:         我知道这种运作方式。除非万不得已,你不会想把更多未来的利润拱手让人。

 

Vince:  Exactly. Instead of 5) increasing their 6) position, I want to increase yours.

文斯:         正是。我不增加他们的股权,反倒要增加你的。

 


语言详解

 

A: I'm going to offer you a position in our sales department.

  我要提供我们业务部的一个职位给你。

 

B: Thank you.

  谢谢您。

 

I know how it works. 我知道规矩。】

 

这里的work不是指工作,而是指事物运作的道理与规范,类似于行规的概念:

 

A:I am afraid we are going to have to fire you.

    我恐怕我们得要开除你了。

B:It's OK, I know how it works. You just don't like me.

    没关系,我知道行规。你就是看不惯我。

 

give away 送掉】

 

give away 这个短语看起来很简单,不过有许多常用的意思,对话中所用到的give away 是指赠送

 

A: Why did you give your bicycle away?

     你为何把你的脚踏车送掉了?

B: It's too old. I want to get a new one anyway.

     那台太老了。反正我要换新的。

 

1) offer  (v.) 提供

2) venture  (n.) 具冒险性的事业

3) capitalist  (n.) 出资者,金主,capital 资金

4) profit  (n.) 利润

5) increase  (v.) 增加

6) position  (n.) 地位,此指股权

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7794.html