集怪胎与朋克于一身(在线收听


SCENE
C  加州的资讯王办公室 

【集怪胎与朋克于一身】

 

Dave:  You don't know Elvin? 1) Studly programmer 2) numero uno? With the 3) ponytail and nose ring?

戴夫:         你不认识艾文?那个头好壮壮,叫我第一名的程序设计师?绑马尾穿鼻环的那个?

 

Zina:  Great. A 4) geek and a 5) punk all rolled into one. Just my type.

吉娜:         好极了。集怪胎与朋克于一身。正合我意。

 

Dave:  You think he's the one?

戴夫:         你觉得那个人就是他?

 

Zina:  Could be. He sounds like a 6) prime suspect.

吉娜:         有可能。他听起来很像头号嫌疑犯。

 

Dave:  What about your 7) assistant? She was here looking for you just now.

戴夫:         那你的助理呢?她刚刚才来找过你。

 

Zina: Mary? Please, Dave. Anyway, I know it couldn't be her. She has a boyfriend.

吉娜:         玛莉?帮帮忙,戴夫。反正我知道不可能是她。她有男朋友了。

 

Dave:  Yeah, but I bet he's nothing like you.

戴夫:         是啊,但我敢说他跟你可不一样。

 

语言详解

 

A: What's your job title?

     你的职称是什么?

 

B:  I'm an assistant professor of chemistry.

     我是化学系的助理教授。

 

be nothing like... 可不像……】

 

be nothing like...这个句型可以用来比较两个人的不同:

 

A: Your sister is nothing like you.

     你的姐姐跟你完全不像。

B: I know, she's much more independent than I am.

     我知道。她比我独立多了。

 

除了比较人以外,你也可以用这个句型来对事物或是地方做比较,可以是好,可以是坏:

 

A: This job is nothing like the one I used to have.

     这个工作跟我以前的是两个样。

B: Hang in there. Maybe it will get better.

     撑着点。或许情况会好转的。

 

1) studly  (a.) () 健壮帅气的

2) numero uno(意,西)即 number one 第一名,头号人物

3) ponytail (n.)(发饰)马尾

4) geek (n.) 怪胎

5) punk  (n.) 朋克,指发型服饰怪异新潮的族群,指源于美国70年代因摇滚乐兴起的运动。

6) prime suspect 头号嫌疑犯

7) assistant  (n.) 助手

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7804.html