她整个人热力四射(在线收听


SCENE
B 艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡前出现  

【她整个人热力四射】

 

Elvin:  She is, like, 1) mega-intense, isn't she?

艾文:  她整个人热力四射,对吧?

 

Mary:  Ha, she is unstoppable. I'm learning so much from her.

玛莉:  没有事情能挡得住她。我跟她学了好多。

 

Elvin:  What's it like to work with her?

艾文:           跟她共事是啥感觉?

 

Mary:  She's 2) demanding. But I like that. I mean, I know our timeline is tight.

玛莉:  她的要求很高。但我喜欢那样。我是说,我知道我们的时间很紧。

 

Elvin:  Tell me about it.

艾文:  这还用说。

 

Mary:   You guys are working around the clock, I know. That guy Dave next to Zina never leaves.

玛莉:  我知道你们都在二十四小时赶工。那个坐在吉娜隔壁叫戴夫的人从没离开过。

 

Elvin:   Vince wants us to have everything 3) debugged and ready to go by the end of the month.

艾文:  文斯要我们把程序错误全部修正,准备在月底前上线。

 

 

语言详解

 

A: Your mother is so demanding!

    你妈妈的要求真高!

 

B: That's what my dad always says.

    我爸爸也总是这么说。

 

around the clock 日以继夜】

 

clock 组成的成语除了around the clock 之外,另有一个against the clock赶时间

 

A: Frank, why does your factory have to work around the clock this month?

     佛兰克,为什么你们工厂这个月要日以继夜地赶货?

B: Well, we have got quite a lot of orders for shipment this quarter.

     我们最近收到相当多订单,都要这一季出货。

 

A: In other words, you are all working against the clock now.

     换句话说,你们现在全都在赶时间。

B: You're right.

    你说对了。

 

1) mega-intense  intense是指紧张的、一触即发的,字首(prefix) mega非常,相当多的意思,亦指 百万的,如  megabyte百万位元组

2) demanding (a.) 要求很高的

3) debug (v.) (电脑)除虫,指修正电脑程序中的错误。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7806.html