我得要有动力(在线收听


SCENE
B  吉娜去她老板的隔间看他 

【我得要有动力】

 

Vince:  Your 3.5 percent 1) share is going to be worth at least a million.

文斯:         你那百分之三·五的股权,将会值个百万以上。

 

Zina:           I need to be 2) motivated, Vince. 3) Multi-motivated.  As in multi-million.

吉娜:         我得要有动力,文斯。多重动力,多重百万的多重。

 

Vince:  What if I said no?

文斯:         要是我说不呢?

 

Zina:  Ever hear of WebTracker?

吉娜:         有听过网路搜寻家吗?

 

Vince:  You wouldn't! If you leave, you'll make nothing.

文斯:         你不会那样吧!你若是离开,连半毛都赚不到。

 

Zina:           I might make nothing even if I stay. For that kind of risk, I want to get rich.

吉娜:         我留下搞不好也赚不到半毛。 基于这种风险,我要发财。

 

Vince:        OK. If you sign the Stars.com 4) account before WebTracker does, we'll talk next week.

文斯:         好吧。若是你早网路搜寻家一步签下Stars.com这个客户,我们就等下星期再谈。

 

 

语言详解

 

A: Don't you want to go and exercise?

     你不想在运动吗?

 

B: Yes, but I can't seem to get motivated.

     想,可是我没有动力。

 

 

【用 as in... 做补述】

 

as in这个短语是用来补述,好让意思能让人更明白,常用在解释拼字的时候:

 

A: My name is Meg.

     我叫做梅格。

B: Is that M as in Mary, E as in elephant, and G as in girl?

     那是Marymelephantegirlg吗?

 

as in可以用来进一步解释情况,犹如中文里的像……那种

 

A:  I just ate a Chinese buffet for only 2.99 dollars.

     我刚只花了2.99美元吃了份中式自助餐。

B:  As in the all-you-can-eat kind? That's so cheap!

     是吃到饱的那种吗?还真便宜!

 

你也可以用as in来提问,以确定自己没有误会对方的意思:

 

A:  I made a million last year.

     我去年赚了一百万。

B:  Is that as in dollars?

     你说的一百万是美元吗?

 

1) share (n.) 股份

2) motivate (v.) 给予……动力

3) multi  多重的字首

4) account (n.) 客户尤指生意上往来的客

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7809.html