我才不要分心(在线收听


SCENE
B  吉娜和戴夫在隔间里 

【我才不要分心】

 

Dave:          Do you think maybe it would be better to just talk to Vince? Explain the situation?

戴夫:         你觉得去跟文斯说会不会好一点?解释这整个情况?

 

Zina:           No way. I want the satisfaction of 1) squishing this bug myself. Plus, what if it's Vince?

吉娜:         门都没有。我要自己享受压扁这只虫子的满足感。而且若文斯就是那小子怎么办?

 

Dave:          I don't think so. Your admirer seems kind of sweet. Aren't you even a little 2) curious about him?

戴夫:         不会吧。你那仰慕者似乎还蛮贴心的。难道你对他一点都不好奇?

 

Zina:  He's just a 3) distraction, like a mosquito buzzing in my ear. I want no distractions.

吉娜:         他只会让人分心,就像耳边蚊子嗡嗡叫。我才不要分心。

 

Dave:          A little distraction might 4) do you some good, Zina.

戴夫:         稍微分点心或许对你有好处,吉娜。



语言详解

 

A: Our two-year-old baby is always getting into trouble.

    我们家那个两岁的小鬼老是出状况。

 

B: Two is the age when they start to get curious.

    孩子就是从两岁会开始好奇。

 

a little curious 一点儿好奇】

 

a little 意思是不多,但仍有一点,如果是little,意思是很少,隐含否定之意。

 

A: There's still a little time. We can have another drink.

     还有一点时间,我们可以再来一杯。

B: But there is little money with us.

     但是我们没有什么钱了。

A: I think they would accept my credit card.

     我想他们会接受我的信用卡。

 

1quish  (v.) 挤扁,压扁

2)  curious  (a.) 感到好奇的

3)  distraction  (n.) 分心

4)  do someone good  对某人有好处

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7812.html