你怎能那么肯定?(在线收听


SCENE② D  吉娜与戴夫在各自的隔间里工作 

【你怎能那么肯定?】

 

Dave:          Do you really think we can beat WebTracker?

戴夫:         你真觉得我们能打败网路搜寻家

 

Zina:           Of course.

吉娜:         当然。

 

Dave:  How can you be so sure? Do you know something I don't?

戴夫:         你怎能那么肯定?你是不是知道什么隐情?

 

Zina:           I have a plan for 1) handling WebTracker. Step one is the Stars.com 2) contract.

吉娜:         我有对付网路搜寻家的计划。第一步就是拿到Stars.com的合约。

 

Dave:  What's step two?

戴夫:         那第二步是什么?

 

Zina:  Don't worry about that, Dave. Look, I have to see Vince now. Think about what I said.

吉娜:         不用操心,戴夫。听着,我现在要去找文斯。你想想我说的话。


语言详解

 

A: I can't handle having so much homework.

   功课这么多,我应付不过来。

 

B: Maybe you should get a tutor.

   也许你该去找个家教。

 

Do you know something I don't? 你是不是知道什么隐情?】

 

要向对方打听秘密的说词很多种,直接的办法如Tell me the secret Let me know what you have found out 等等。但比较婉转的似比较好,上面对话中的Do you know something I don't? 就是不错的说词,这句话的意思是Do you know something I don't know?

 

A: Our football team is going to win the match at 2 to 1 this afternoon.

     我们的足球队下午会以二比一踢赢球赛。

B: Wait a minute. Do you know something I don't?

     稍等一下。你是不是知道什么隐情?

 

A: If you are a gambler, you have your ways to get tips.

     如果你是个赌徒,你总有办法弄到内部消息。

B: Are you sure the other team can be bought?

    你真的认为客队是可以收买的吗?

 

1) handle (v.)  对付应付

2) contract (n.)  合约

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7835.html