我在考虑跳槽(在线收听


SCENE
A  吉娜与戴夫在他们的办公室隔间说话 

【我在考虑跳槽】

 

Zina:  Dave, there's something I want to talk to you about.

吉娜:         戴夫,我要跟你谈一件事。

 

Dave:  Zina, why are you 1) whispering?

戴夫:         吉娜,你干嘛那么小声?

 

Zina:  I've been talking to WebTracker. I'm thinking of jumping ship.

吉娜:         我一直跟"网路搜寻家"有联络。我在考虑跳槽。

 

Dave:  What? Are you serious? You'd 2) defect to our 3) archrival!?

戴夫:         什么?你是认真的吗?你要向敌人投诚!?

 

Zina:  Keep your voice down. We'll talk more later. Right now I need to see Vince.

吉娜:         小声点。我们晚点再详谈。我现在得要去找文斯。

 

Dave:  We definitely have to talk, Zina. And watch your back. Elvin is still mad about his nose.

戴夫:         我们一定得聊聊,吉娜。多留点神。艾文还在气他鼻子的那档事。

 

Zina:          OK, but don't tell anyone what I said.

吉娜:  好,不过别把我说的话告诉别人。

 

 

 

语言详解

 

A: (Loudly) Why are you whispering?

  (大喊)你干嘛那么小声啊?

 

B: We're in a library, you dork.

   我们在图书馆里,蠢蛋。

 

Are you serious? 你是认真的吗?】

 

serious有两个主要意义,其一是严肃的、认真的,另一是严重的、重大的。与连用时通常是第一种解释,与疾病、局势、问题连用则属第二种解释,例如:

 

We have to be serious about our future.

我们要认真的面对未来。

The situation is really serious.

局势真的很严重。

 

A: I heard John was hospitalized.

     我听说约翰住进医院。

B: Are you serious?

     你是说真的吗?

A: Yes. He suffered a serious injury in an accident.

     真的。他在意外事件中受到严重伤害。

 

1) whisper  (v.) 低语,呢喃

2) defect  (v.) 背弃(同盟,祖国)to的后面接名词,指所投向的新对象

3) archrival (n.) 死敌,最大的敌人 arch 这个字首 (prefix) 是指首要的,主要的 

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7838.html