新来的程序设计师行吗?(在线收听


SCENE① B  文斯与艾文在男洗手间里

【新来的程序设计师行吗?】

 

Vince:         1) How are Zina's new programmers working out?

文斯:         吉娜找来新的程序设计师行吗?

 

Elvin:           I hate to 2) admit it, but they're good. And fast. The 3) Filipino kid is a 4) genius.

艾文:         我不愿意承认,不过他们很行。而且手脚又快。那菲律宾小子是个天才。

 

Vince:         So you'll make the Stars.com 5) deadline, and have us up and running next week?

文斯:         所以你们能赶上Stars.com给的最后期限,我们下星期就能上线运作?

 

Elvin:           It'll be close, but we'll make it.

艾文:         时间很紧迫,但我们会赶上的。

 

Vince:  Good. After Stars.com starts paying us, we won't need Vikam's cash anymore.

文斯:  好。等Stars.com开始付我们钱之后,我们就不再需要维康的现金了。

 

Elvin:  And if we don't need them, we won't need Zina, either.

艾文:         而且若我们不需要他们,我们也就不会需要吉娜了。

 

语言详解

 

A: Tom is clever,really.

   汤姆真的很聪明。

 

B: I know. He's practically a genius.

   我知道。他算得上是天才。

 

be up and running 开始运作】

 

be up and running 是指开店运作或是一项计划付诸实行。

 

A: What have you been doing lately?

     你最近在忙些什么?

B: Well, I've been trying to get my surf shop up and running. It's a lot of work.

     呃,我在忙我那冲浪店开店运作的事宜。很费工的。

 

be up and running也可指如汽车等机械组件的开始运作,或是电脑程序、整个系统的运作。

 

A: How is the computer program?

     那个电脑程序情况如何?

B: It's up and running, but we need to watch it for a few weeks to make sure everything is OK.

     已开始运作,但我们还要观察几个星期以确定没有问题。

 

1) How...work out? ……进展如何?……表现如何?

2) admit  (v.) 承认

3) Filipino  (n.)   菲律宾人

4) genius  (n.) 天才

5) deadline  (n.) 最后期限

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7839.html