你得要沉得住气(在线收听


SCENE① C  文斯与艾文在男洗手间里 

【你得要沉得住气】

 

Vince:  That's right. Once the contract with Stars.com is final, we'll 1) deal with Zina.

文斯:         没错。只要跟Stars.com的合约一签下来,我们就来对付吉娜。

 

Elvin:           I can't wait to see the 2) expression on her face when we 3) dump her.

艾文:         我等不及要看她被我们甩掉时,脸上的表情了。

 

Vince:  Don't jump the gun. She's in the driver's seat right now. You have to be patient.

文斯:         别高兴得太早。现在还是她在作主。你得要沉得住气。

 

Elvin:  Don't worry. I'm patient, but 4) vengeance will be mine.

艾文:         别担心。我很沉得住气,不过此仇不报非君子。

 

Vince:  Settle down, Elvin. If you're not careful, you'll 5) give our plan away. Zina's smart, you know.

文斯:         稳住,艾文。你要是不小心,就会泄露我们的计划。吉娜可是很聪明的。

 

Elvin:          OK. A couple of deep breaths. OK. I'v fine.

艾文:  好。深呼吸几口气。好了。我没事了。


语言详解

 

A: How do you know he was lying?

   你怎么知道他在说谎?

 

B: I could tell from the expression on his face.

   我看他脸上的表情就能分辨。

 

jump the gun 如意算盘打太早】

 

jump the gun 的原意,是指在赛跑的时候,在鸣枪之前就偷跑了出去,而在使用上,就是指事情尚未有定论,就信心满满而沾沾自喜地妄下断语,犹如中文高兴得太早,如意算盘打得太早的意思。

 

A: So, when are we going to get married?

     那我们何时要结婚啊?

B: Whoa! Let's not jump the gun. This is only our first date.

     哇!我们别这么早就打如意算盘。这才是我们第一次约会而已。

 

be in the driver's seat 控制全局】

 

be in the driver's seat 意指坐在驾驶座上,坐在这个位置的人,理当是在控制全局,掌控一切

 

A: Chris is happy as long as he can be in the driver's seat.

     只要让克里斯掌控一切,他就高兴得要死。

B: All men are like that.

     男人都是那样。

 

1) deal with 处理

2) expression  (n.) 表情

3) dump  (v.) 抛弃,倾到(垃圾)

4) vengeance (n.) 报复,复仇

5) give...away 泄露(秘密)

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7840.html