灵验了吗?(在线收听


SCENE ③  C  电话响起

【灵验了吗?】

 

Zina:           Hi, Dave. This is Zina.

吉娜:  嗨,戴夫。我是吉娜。

 

Dave:  Zina? Zina the Snake?

戴夫:         吉娜?诈包吉娜?

 

Zina:           I got your e-mail a couple of months back.

吉娜:         几个月前我收到了你寄来的电子邮件。

 

Dave:  Yeah? Which one was that?

戴夫:         是吗?是哪一封?

 

Zina:  The one that said, You're a 1) creep. / From me you won't hear another 2) peep. / I hope you 3) wreck your jeep.

吉娜:         上面写着:你这讨厌鬼。/休想我会再理你。/望你吉普车会撞毁。

 

Dave:  Right. That one. 4) Did it work?

戴夫:         那一封啊。灵验了吗?

 

语言详解

 

A: I told dad you wrecked the car!

     我跟老爸说你撞坏车子了!

 

B: You're not going to get away with this. It was your fault, not mine.

     你脱不了关系。都是你的错,不是我。

 

Did it work? 灵验了吗?】

 

要注意work 并不专指工作,有时指灵光、有效

 

A: My brain doesn't seem to work well today.

     我脑袋今天好像不灵光。

B: You're better take a walk outside. But be back soon. We have a lot of work to do this  afternoon.

   你最好到外面走一走。但是要快快回来,我们下午有一大堆事要做。

 

A: I understand you had a bad cold yesterday.

     我听说你昨天患了重感冒。

B: It's gone. My grandma's prescription really works.

     已经痊愈了。我祖母的处方真的有效。

 

1) creep  (n.) 令人讨厌的人

2) peep  (n.)  小的声音。这里是指消息

3) wreck  (v.)  撞毁

4) Did it work?  有用吗?有效吗?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7858.html