我交到一个新的网络之友了!(在线收听


SCENE⑤ A  几天之后  赫伯特冲进酒吧

【我交到一个新的网络之友了!】

 

Herbert:         I have a new Internet friend!

赫伯特:                     我交到一个新的网络之友了!

 

Don:                     You mean the guy who thinks you're 1) Ms. Right?

唐:                     你是说那个把你当作梦中女郎的家伙?

 

Herbert:                     Yeah! We're meeting on Friday night!

赫伯特:                     对!我们星期五晚上要碰面。

 

Don:                     You're what? 2) Have you lost it?

唐:                     什么?你疯啦!

 

Herbert:        I 3) gave up on looking for a girlfriend. Now I’m making friends!

赫伯特:                     我不找女朋友了。现在我只要交朋友!

 

语言详解

 

A: I lost my wallet.

  我的皮夹掉了。

 

B: Retrace your steps, and you'll probably find it. 

  循原路找回去,八成就能找到了。

 

gave up on... 放弃……】

 

give up on放弃,投降之意,give up on someone/something是代表对某人或某事很失望,不想再花任何的心思或精力在上面,也就是觉得……没指望了的意思。

 

Don't you give up on me? 是个很常用的说法,比如说你无法意会老师教了你半天的东西,你就可以面带诚恳地跟老师说Don't give up on me, please. 让老师感受到你的诚意,不要这么快放弃你。

 

A: Mark is your friend. You shouldn't give up on him so easily.

  马克是你的朋友。你不应该这么轻易地放弃他。

B: I guess you're right.

  我想你是对的。

 

A: I thought you were studying Japanese.

  我以为你在学日语。

B: I gave up on it. It's too hard.

  我已放弃日语了,太难了。

 

1) Ms./Mr. Right 对味的终生伴侣,真命公主 / 天子。

2) Have you lost it? 你疯啦?

3) give up on 放弃……  

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/websj/8029.html