我在冒冷汗(在线收听


SCENE① B  十分钟后  唐又走过来

【我在冒冷汗】

 

Don:                   Herb, why are you still sitting here?

唐:            赫伯特,你怎么还坐在这边?

 

Herbert:      I'm too 1) nervous. Look! 2) I'm in a cold sweat!

赫伯特:     我太紧张了。你看!我在冒冷汗。

 

Don:            It's OK to be nervous. It's only 3) natural!

唐:            紧张没有关系。这是正常的。

 

Herbert:                   You'd be nervous, too.

赫伯特:     换做是你也会紧张?

 

Don:           Me, nervous? Never. But most people would be.

唐:                   我,紧张?从来不会。但大多数人都会。

 

Herbert:      I just don't want 4) to make a fool of myself.

赫伯特:     我不想让自己看起来像个傻子。

 

Don:                   Think of something fast, Herb. She might leave soon.

唐:            快想办法啊,赫伯特。她可能快走了。


语言详解

 

A: It's your turn! Spin the wheel! 

   该你了!快转轮!

 

B: Gambling always makes me so nervous!

   赌博总是让我紧张兮兮!

 

It's OK to be... (发生什么事)没关系】

 

It's only natural. 这是很自然的反应。

 

You'll do fine. 你会没事的。

 

以上是经常用来劝别人放轻松的三句话,当你看到有人要去做一件事,却又不敢时,就可以用这些话鼓舞他。

 

1) nervous  (a.) 焦虑的,紧张的

2) to be in a cold sweat  冒冷汗

3) natural  (a.) 自然的

4) to make a fool of myself 让自己显得愚蠢

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/websj/8035.html