她放我鸽子(在线收听


SCENE① A  钢琴学校里  赫伯特与柔丝见面之后隔天 

【她放我鸽子】

 

Sue:                   Well, how did it go last night?

苏:            怎么样,昨天晚上怎么样?

 

Rose:          It went OK.

苏:            还好。

 

Sue:                   What does that mean? Did you meet that young girl?

苏:            这是什么意思?你有没有见到那个小女孩?

 

Rose:          No, she 1) stood me up. And she didn't send me an e-mail to say why.

柔丝:         没有,她放我鸽子,而且也没有寄电子邮件告诉我怎么回事。

 

Sue:            So did you go home?

苏:            所以你就回家了?

 

Rose:          No. I stayed to have a 2)  drink.

柔丝:         没有。我留下来喝了一杯。

 

Sue:            A drink? Do you mean an 3) alcoholic drink? But Rose, you don't drink!

苏:            喝一杯?你是说喝酒吗?但是,柔丝,你不喝酒啊!

 

语言详解

 

A: Are beverages included in the price?

    这个价钱有包括饮料吗?

 

B: Yes. But only non-alcoholic ones.

    有。但是只限非酒精饮料。

 

to stand someone up 放(某人)鸽子】

 

当你跟人约会,在约定的时间地点却没看到对方,就可以说I was stood up. 我被放鸽子。或是He stood me up.他放我鸽子。

 

A:  I waited for him for an hour! He never came!

   我等了他一个小时!他都没来!

B:  He stood you up again?

   他又放你鸽子了?

 

A:  Can't you go out with her another day?

   你不能改天再跟她出去吗?

B:  It's too late to cancel, and I don't want to stand her up.

   现在取消太迟了,而我不想放她鸽子。

 

1) stand...up 放(某人)鸽子,跟(某人)约会却没有出现,stood stand 的过去式。

2) drink  (n.,v.) 酒(饮料),喝(酒)

3) alcoholic (a.) 酒精的

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/websj/8043.html