我不知道我们俩适不适合(在线收听


SCENE① A  柔丝家

【我不知道我们俩适不适合】

 

Rose:       Sue. I never said I didn't like Herbert...It's just that...

柔丝:      苏,我从没说我不喜欢赫伯特……只是……

 

Sue:         See! I knew it! You were moved by his e-mail music.

苏:          看吧!我就知道!你被他的电子邮件音乐感动了。

 

Rose:       I don't know if we're 1) compatible or not.

柔丝:      我不知道我们俩适不适合。

 

Sue:         Let music bring the two of you together.

苏:          就让音乐把你们俩拉在一起。

 

Rose:                 We've already seen that that doesn't work.

柔丝:      我们已经发现那是行不通的。

 

Sue:         Well, maybe you should act like 2) normal people.   

苏:          嗯,也许你应该采取一般人的做法。

 

语言详解

 

A: Why did you break up with Don?

  你跟唐怎么分手的?

 

B: We weren't compatible. 

    我们合不来。

 

That doesn't work.   这是行不通的】

 

当别人给你建议,但你知道那依然无法扭转情势的时候,你就可以说这句话。

 

A:    The baby won't fall asleep!

    宝宝就是不肯睡觉!

B:    Try singing to him. If that doesn't work, read him a story.

    试试唱歌给他听,要是没有用的话,就说故事给他听。

 

另外这句话也可以用在机械或电器等用品故障的时候。

 

A:    Let's watch TV!

    我们来看电视!

B:    Sorry. That TV doesn't work. Youl have to watch the one in the living room.

    抱歉。那台电视坏掉了。你得去看客厅那台。

 

1) compatible (a.) 相容的

2) normal  (a.) 正常的

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/websj/8064.html