李阳疯狂英语突破口语要素:询问式口语要素(在线收听

李阳疯狂英语突破口语要素:询问式口语要素
第五部分 询问式口语要素
159.You all right?
你还好吧?
【疯狂实战】
A: Ouch! I hit my head.
(哎哟!我碰了头!)
B: You all right?
(你没事吧?)
A: I don’t feel well. I want to go home.
(我觉得不舒服,我想回家。)
B: You all right?
(你没事吧?)
A: I’m going to stay up all night.
(我今晚要熬夜。)
B: You all right?
(你能行吗?)
【额外成就感】
①You all right?(你还好吧?)
②You okay?(你好吗?)
③Are you okay?(你好吗?)
④Yeah, I’m fine.(是的,我挺好。)
160.(Are you) feeling okay?
你感觉还好吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Are you feeling okay?
(你感觉还好吗?)
B: Oh, so-so.
(噢,马马虎虎。
A: Are you feeling okay?
(你感觉还好吗?)
B: I’m a little dizzy. It will pass.
(我有点儿头晕,会过去的。)
A: I heard you were in the hospital recently, are you feeling OK?
(听说你近来住院了,现在感觉好点儿了吗?)
B: I was having some trouble with my back, but I’m much better now.
(我背部有点毛病,不过现在好多了。)
161. Are you following me?
你有没有听清楚;你听懂了吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: You need to work hard to get ahead in this company. Are you following me?
(在这家公司要想出人头地,就得努力工作。你听清楚我的话没有?)
B: Yes, Sir.
(听清楚了,先生。)
A: Make sure you pick me up at seven o’clock sharp. Are you following me?
(你要保证七点整来接我,听到了没有?)
B: Don’t worry. I’m never late.
(不用担心,我从不迟到。)
A: I think that learning another language can change us as individuals – can change
our world view, and even our personalities. Are you following me?
(我认为学另外一种语言可以改变一个人——改变我们的世界观,甚至我们的个性,你们听懂了吗
?)
B: Not exactly, Professor Lee. I’m not sure that I buy that idea.
(不太懂,李教授,我不太清楚。)
162. Really?
真的吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: I just got a raise!
(我加薪了!)
B: Really? That’s great!
(真的吗?那太好了!)

A: Did you know Kim quit school?
(你知道Kim退学了吗?)
B: Really? How come?
(真有这事?为什么?)

A: I’ll never be late again. I promise.
(我保证再也不迟到了。)
B: Really? I’ve heard that promise before!
(此话当真?我以前听过那个保证!)

【疯狂替换】
①Seriously?(真的吗?)
②Are you sure?(你能肯定吗?)


163. Are you sure?
[  ]
你确定吗?

【疯狂实战】
A: I saw Stone dancing in the street.
(我看见Stone在街上跳舞。)
B: Are you sure?
(你确定吗?)
A: I already paid for that.
(我已经付过钱了。)
B: Are you sure?
(你能肯定?)
A: I locked the door when I left last night.
(我昨晚离开的时候把门锁上了。)
B: Are you sure?
(你确定吗?)
【疯狂替换】
①Are you certain?(你肯定吗?)
②Are you positive?(你确定吗?)
③Are you confident?(你确认吗?)
164. Are you kidding?
开玩笑吧?
【疯狂实战】
A: I’m going to swim in the pool.
(我要去游泳池游泳。)
B: Are you kidding? It’s freezing.
(你在开玩笑吧?这么冷的天。)
A: Does Mr. Lee play golf?
(李先生打高尔夫球吗?)
B: Are you kidding? He’s a pro.
(开玩笑!他是个职业球手。)
A: Do you like Chinese food?
(你爱吃中国菜吗?)
B: Are you kidding? I love it!
(这还用问?我当然爱吃!)
【额外成就感】
关于“kidding”的口语要素还有:
①You’re kidding!(你开玩笑吧?)
②You’re kidding me!(你在开我玩笑!)
③You’re kidding, right?(你在开玩笑,对不对?)
④No kidding!(我是认真的!/真的!你不是开玩笑吧!)
165.Are you serious?
你是认真的吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: I decided to move to Canada.
(我打算搬到加拿大去住。)
B: Are you serious?
(此话当真?)
A: I don’t want to take over my father’s business.
(我不想继承父业。)
B: Are you serious?
(当真?)
A: I’m thinking of adopting a child.
(我在考虑收养一个孩子。)
B: Are you serious?
(你是认真的吗?)
【疯狂替换】
①Seriously?(当真?)
②Do you mean it?(你是认真的吗?)
166.Excuse me?
对不起,你刚才说什么?
【疯狂实战】
A: Don’t jump to conclusions.
(不要妄下结论。)
B: Excuse me?
(你说什么?)
A: Cat got your tongue? (= Why don’t you speak up / say something?)
(你哑巴了?)
B: Excuse me?
(你说什么?)
A: Do you know how stupid you are?
(你知道你有多愚蠢吗?)
B: Excuse me?
(你再说一遍?)
【疯狂替换】
①Sorry?(对不起。)
②Pardon?(请再说一遍。)
③Pardon me?(对不起。)
④I beg your pardon?(对不起,再说一遍好吗?)
167. What did you say?
你说什么?
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you like Spicy food?
(你喜欢吃辛辣食物吗?)
B: What did you say?
(你说什么?)
A: What does WTO stand for?
(WTO代表什么?)
B: What did you say?
(你说什么?)
A: What did you say?
(你说什么?)
B: I said it’s all your fault,you jerk!
(我说都是你的错,笨蛋!)

【疯狂替换】
①Can you say it again?(你能再说一遍吗?)
②Say it again?(再说一遍好吗?)
③Excuse me?(对不起,没听清楚。)


168. What do you mean?
[   ]
你什么意思?

Kim’s Note: Women always use this sentence to men! Men usually answer with: “Exactly
what I said!”
女士们总是用这句子来问男士们!男士们通常回答说“正是我现在所说的意思!”
【疯狂实战】
A: It’s the kiss of death.
(那可是致命之吻。)
B: What do you mean?
(你是什么意思?)
【额外成就感】
Kiss of death=something that destroys
His endorsement will be the kiss of death.
(有他的支持反而坏事。)
A: It was the last straw.
(实在忍无可忍了。)
B: What do you mean?
(你什么意思?)
A: I’m going to sell the house.
(我准备把房子卖掉。)
B: What do you mean? You didn’t even ask me!
(你是什么意思?你甚至问都不问我!)

【疯狂替换】
①What does that mean?(那是什么意思?)
②What’s that?(你什么意思?)
③What’s that supposed to mean?(那是什么意思?)
169.You mean…
(你是说……)
【疯狂实战】
A: I’m having second thoughts.
(我要考虑再三。)
B: You mean you’re going to change your mind?
(你是说你要改变主意?)
A: I’ll take a rain check.
(改天吧。)
B: You mean you’re not coming with us?
(你是说你不和我们一起来?)
A: That’s the name of the game.
(那是事物的本质。)
B: You mean you don’t even care?
(你是说你甚至不在乎?)
【额外成就感】
I can’t help it. That’s the name of the game.
(事情本来就是这样,我也没办法。)
170.What’s that?
你说什么?
【疯狂实战】
A: My aunt is a doctor.
(我姨妈是个医生。)
B: What’s that?
(你说什么?)
A: It runs in the family.
(他们那家子都这样。)
B: What’s that? A bad temper?
(你说什么?坏脾气吗?)
A: You can pay by credit card.
(你可以用信用卡付钱。)
B: What’s that?
(什么?)
【疯狂替换】
①What is it?(什么?)
②What do you mean?(你是什么意思?)
③What does that mean?(什么意思?)
171.What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
【疯狂讲解】
这个口语要素可不能乱用,因为它并不像它表面意那么简单。说这句话往往带有不相信的意味。
【疯狂实战】
A: We have over one hundred new employees.
(我们有一百多位新员工。)
B: What are you talking about?(=It’s not true.)
(你在说什么?)
A: I had a girlfriend in America.
(我以前有一个女朋友在美国。)
B: What are you talking about? (=It’s not true.)
(你在说什么?)
A: If I don’t go, I’m going to be in trouble.
(如果不去,我就有麻烦了。)
B: What are you talking about? (=It’s not true.)
(你在说什么?)
【额外成就感】
What are you saying? (你在说什么?)
172.Are you talking about …?
你是在说……吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: I’ve never seen such a smart kid.
(我从未见过这么聪明的孩子。)
B: Are you talking about Mike?
(你是在说Mike吗? )
A: I usually buy it every month.
(我通常每个月都买它。)
B: Are you talking about CAE Magazine?
(你是说《疯狂美语》杂志吗?)
A: We should tell her.
(我们应该告诉她。)
B: Are you talking about me?
(你是说我吗?)
【疯狂替换】
①Is it about…?(是关于……?)
②You mean…?(你是说……?)
173. Do you understand me?
你懂我的意思吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you understand me?
(你懂我的意思吗?)
B: Yeah, sure.
(当然懂了。)
A: Do you understand me?
(你懂我的意思吗?)
B: Uh, not really. Say it again?
(哦,不很懂。你再说一遍吧。)

A: Do you understand me?
(你懂我的意思吗?)
B: I think so.
(我想我懂。)

【疯狂替换】
①Do you understand what I mean?(你懂我的意思吗?)
②Do you understand what I’m trying to say?(你懂我的意思吗?)
174. Am I making sense?
你能听懂我说的吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Am I making sense?
(你能听懂我说的吗?)
B: Mostly. Let me make sure.
(大部分懂。让我再消化消化。)
A: Am I making sense?
(你能听懂我说的吗?)
B: No. Could you be more specific?
(不能。你能说得具体些吗?)
A: Am I making sense?
(你能听懂我说的吗?)
B: I think I know what you are trying to say. But I disagree.
(我想我知道你要说什么。但我不同意。)

【疯狂替换】
①Am I making sense to you?(你能听懂我说的吗?)
②Am I making myself understood?(你能听懂我说的吗?)
③Am I making myself clear to you?(你能听懂我说的吗?)


175. You know what I mean?
[    ]
你明白我的意思吗?

【疯狂实战】
A: It’s like a dream come true. You know what I mean?
(好像梦幻成真。你懂我的意思吗?)
B: Absolutely.
(完全明白。)
A: It’s never too late to learn. You know what I mean?
(学习永远都不迟。你明白我的意思吧?)
B: Yeah. I agree one hundred percent.
(明白。我百分之百同意。)
A: There’s a first time for everything. You know what I mean?
(万事开头难。你明白我的意思吧?)
B: Yes. Thanks.
(明白。谢谢。)
【疯狂替换】
①Do you know what I mean?(你明白我的意思吗?)
②You know what I’m saying?(你知道我在说什么吗?)


176. Am I right?
[  ]
我没说错吧?

【疯狂实战】
A: So, you were used. Am I right?
(你是说你被利用了,对吧?)
B: Exactly. I’m so hurt I could cry.
(确实是。我伤心得想哭了。)

A: That’s why you decided to stay. Am I right?
(这就是你决定留下来的原因,我没说错吧?)
B: You’re right. I hope I made the right decision.
(对。希望我的决定是正确的。)

A: It’s a waste of time. Am I right?
(那纯粹是浪费时间,对不对?)
B: Okay. I see what you’re trying to say.
(是这样。我想我明白你的意思。)

Kim’s Note: Americans love all these sentences that seek agreement. Don’t let them
become a habit though. Native speakers who constantly use these sentences are annoying
and you will be too!
美国人都爱说这些询求他人同意的话语,但千万不要因此而形成了一种习惯。经常说这些话的本国
人都让人讨厌,你也会的!
177. Anything else?
还要别的吗?/还有其他别的事吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Pass me the salt, will you?
(把盐递给我好吗?)
B: Here you are. Anything else?
(给你,还要别的什么吗?)

A: Could you buy me a lipstick while you’re shopping tonight?
(你今晚去买东西时能顺便给我带支口红吗?)
B: Sure. Anything else?
(没问题。还要买其他别的什么吗?)

A: Anything else?
(还需要别的吗?)
B: No, that’s everything.
(没有了,就要这些了。)
178. Could I have some time?
给我一些时间好吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: So, what do you think?
(那你是怎么看的?)
B: Could I have some time?
(给我点时间好不好?)
A: We’re waiting for your answer. When are you going to tell him?
(我们在等你的答复呢。你准备什么时候告诉他?)
B: Could I have some time?
(给我一些时间好吗?)
【疯狂替换】
Can / Could you give me some time?(你能给我一些时间吗?)
179. How can I say this?
我该怎么说?
【疯狂实战】
A: Why don’t you have a car?
(你为什么没有车呢?)
B: How can I say this? I just can’t afford one.
(我该怎么说呢?我就是买不起。)
A: Don’t you want to get married?
(你难道不想结婚吗?)
B: How can I say this?
(我该怎么说呢?)
A: What do you like about her? She’s so mean.
(你喜欢她什么?她那么小气。)
B: How can I say this? There’s just something about her that’s sexy.
(这怎么说呢?她还是有点性感的。)
【额外成就感】
①How can I say this in English?(这个用英文该怎么说?)
②I don’t know how I can say this.(我不知该怎么说。)
③I don’t know how I can say this in English.(我不知道这个用英文怎么说。)
180. Can I ask you a question?
我可以问你个问题吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Can I ask you a question?
(我可以问你个问题吗?)
B: Sure. Go ahead.
(当然可以。说吧。)
A: Can I ask you a question?
(我可以问你个问题吗?)
B: All right. What is it?
(当然可以。什么问题?)
A: Can I ask you a question?
(我可以问你个问题吗?)
B: Hold on. I’ll be right back.
(稍等一下,我马上就回来。)
【额外成就感】
①May I ask you a question?(我可以问你个问题吗?)
②I have a question.(我有个问题要问。)
③Can I ask you a personal question?(我能问你个私人问题吗?)
181. Can I talk to you?
我可以跟你谈谈吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Can I talk to you?
(我可以跟你谈谈吗?)
B: Sure. What is it?
(当然可以。谈什么?)

A: Can I talk to you?
(我可以跟你谈谈吗?)
B: Of course. What about?
(当然可以。谈什么?)

A: Can I talk to you?
(我可以跟你谈谈吗?)
B: Uh, I’m kind of busy right now. What about later tonight?
(哦,我现在比较忙。今晚怎么样?)

【额外成就感】
①Can I talk to you for a minute?(我可以跟你谈一下吗?)
②Can I talk to you for a second?(我可以跟你谈一下吗?)
③You got a minute?(你有时间吗?)
④You got a second?(你有空吗?)
182.Don’t you think so?
难道你不觉得吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: This is very important. Don’t you think so?
(这事非常重要。难道你不觉得吗?)
B: Absolutely
(那当然!)
A: He was so rude. Don’t you think so?
(他太粗鲁了。你不觉得吗?)
B: Yeah. I think so too.
(是啊。我也这么认为。)
A: She’s lying. Don't you think so?
(她在说谎。你不觉得吗?)
B: No, I don’t think so.
(不,我不觉得。)
183.Is that okay?
这样可以吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: We’ll meet at seven. Is that okay?
(我们7点钟见面,可以吧?)
B: No problem.
(没问题。)

A: I want to bring a friend of mine. Is that okay?
(我想带我的一个朋友来,可以吗?)
B: Sure. Why not!
(当然可以啦。有什么不可以的!)
A: We’ll meet here. Will that be okay?
(我们在这儿集合,好不好?)
B: Yeah, I suppose.
(行,我同意。)
184.What do you think?
你觉得怎么样?
【疯狂实战】
A: Isn’t this your brand-new digital camera?
(这不是你新买的数码相机吗?)
B: Yes. What do you think?
(是的,你觉得怎么样?)

A: Who do you think is the best?
(你认为谁是最棒的?)
B: Jane. What do you think?
(Jane,你觉得呢?)

A: Maybe we’d better not tell her. What do you think?
(也许我们最好不要告诉她。你说呢?)
B: Hmm. I don’t know. That might not be a good idea.
(嗯……我不知道。那可能不是一个好主意。)
185.How do you like…?
你认为……怎么样?
【疯狂实战】
A: How do you like living in China?
(你觉得生活在中国怎么样?)
B: It’s very exciting.
(很有意思。)
A: How do you like Chinese food?
(你喜欢吃中国菜吗?)
B: Oh, I love it!
(哦,我爱吃!)
A: How do you like our English teacher?
(你认为我们的英语老师怎么样?)
B: I don’t know. She seems a little difficult. I can’t always understand what she’s
saying.
(我不知道。她好像挺难懂的,我总是听不懂她说什么。)
186.What’s … like? ……
怎么样?
【疯狂实战】
A: What’s your wife like?
(你妻子怎么样?)
B: She’s very active and social.
(她很活跃,善于交际。)

A: What’s your office like?
(你的办公室怎么样?)
B: It’s nice and clean, but noisy.
(不错,很整洁,就是吵。)

A: What’s the weather like in your country?
(你们国家的气候怎么样?)
B: We have a rainy season and a dry season.
(我们国家分雨季和旱季两种气候。)


187.What for?
[ ]
作什么用?

【疯狂实战】
A: Can I use your PC?
(我可以用你的电脑吗?)
B: What for?
(做什么呢?)

A: Come down to the kitchen.
(到厨房里来。)
B: What for?
(干什么?)

A: You’d better save this money.
(你最好把这钱存起来。)
B: What for?
(存它干嘛?)
【疯狂替换】
①For what?(干什么?)
②For what purpose?(作什么用呢?)
③Why?(为什么?)
188.How come?
怎么回事?
【疯狂实战】
A: I’m not taking this job.
(我不干这活。)
B: How come?
(为什么?)
A: Cindy is not coming to work today.
(Cindy今天没来上班。)
B: How come?
(怎么回事?)

A: I don’t like seeing her any more.
(我不想再见到她。)
B: How come?
(怎么回事?)

【疯狂替换】
①Why?(为什么?)
②Why is that?(这是为什么?)
③For what reason?(什么原因?)
189.Why not?
为什么不?
【疯狂实战】
A: I didn’t go to the hospital today.
(我今天没有去医院。)
B: Why not?
(为什么没去?)
A: We didn’t talk about that issue.
(我们没有谈到这件事。)
B: Why not?
(为什么不谈呢?)
A: I haven’t finished my work yet.
(我还没完成工作呢。)
B: Why not?
(为什么没完成?)
190.Can I make a suggestion?
我能提个建议吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Can I make a suggestion?
(我能提个建议吗?)
B: Sure. Go ahead.
(当然,说吧。)
A: Can I make a suggestion?
(我能提个建议吗?)
B: All right.
(好的。)
A: Can I make a suggestion?
(我能提个建议吗?)
B: What is it?
(什么建议?)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/essay/89071.html