世博会英语口语情景对话(3):介绍朋友、聊天派对邀请及礼仪询问
A、迈克先生,我想请你认识一下我们的经理傅先生。
Mr. Mike, I'd like you to meet our manager, Mr. Foo.
B、你好,傅先生。
How do you do? Mr. Foo.
C、你好,迈克先生。
How do you do? Mr. Mike.
B、傅先生,你实在长得象我一个中国朋友,你以前去过纽约市吗?
Mr. Foo, you do look like a Chinese friend of mine. Have you ever been to New York City before?
C、去过,那是三年前的事了,我们当时在纽约有个办公室。
Yes, that was 3 years ago. We have an office in New York at that time.
B、那就对了,我记得我们曾经见过。是不是我变化很大你都认不出来了吗?
That's right. I remember we have met before. Have I changed so much that you can't recognize me?
C不是的。因为你们西方人对我来说都长得差不多,有时我都分辨不出哪一位是克里斯先生,哪一位是杰森先生。
No, it's because you westerners all look alike to me. Sometimes I can hardly tell a Mr. Chris from a Mr. Jason.
B、我能理解。正如我们常常把韩国人当作中国人一样。
I can understand. Just like we often take a Korean for a Chinese.
C、明天是我们举办一个派对,有空赏光吗?
We'll have a party tomorrow. Would you like to join us?
B、好,我很想去。可是我可以把夫人带去吗?她很想结交几个中国朋友。
Sure. I'd like to. But may I take my wife with me? She is eager to get acquainted with some Chinese friends.
C、当然可以,请一定带她去。这是我们的请贴。
Certainly. Please do take her with you. Here is the invitation card for you.
B、根据你们中国的习惯,我在这种场合该穿什么呢?
What shall I wear on this occasion according to your Chinese custom?
C、你不用担心。我们很随便。事实上,你现在身上穿的就够漂亮的了。
No worries. We don't stand on ceremony. As a matter of fact, what you are wearing is smart enough.
B、你一定在跟我开玩笑吧!我当然得把我衣橱里最好的衣服穿上。你们还邀请了谁呢?
You must be kidding me, but I'll certainly put on my best in my wardrobe. Who else have you invited?
A、我们邀请了这次参展几乎所有的外籍经理。
We've invited almost all the foreign managers at this expo.
C、噢唷!场面很大呢。有什么娱乐助兴呢?
Wow, It will be quite a big occasion. Is there going to be any entertainment?
A、有,有几个中国杂技演员节目,然后有舞会。
Yup, a couple of Chinese acrobats will give performances. Then there will be a dance.
C、太棒了。我都等不及了。
Great! I just can't wait. |