纯正地道美语第347期(外教讲解):和父母住在一起
时间:2013-05-14 00:10:56
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Living With Your Parents 和父母住在一起
A : Why did your girlfriend break up with you?
为什么你女友和你分开了?
B : I don't know, she said she was tired of me not manning up and being more independent, which I think is all a
bunch1 of crap.
我不知道,她说她厌倦我没有阳刚之气和不够独立,我觉得这些都是胡说八道。
A : Well, you still live with your parents, so she does have a point.
嗯,你还和你的父母住在一起,所以他说的有些道理。
B : What do you mean? Lots of people live with their parents, especially when rent is so expensive and the
slump2 in the
economy3.
你是什么意思?很多人都和父母 住在一起,特别是如今房租如此地昂贵,经济衰落。
A : Yeah, but you are almost forty! Plus, you make good money so there is really no excuse. It's simply because you are a momma's boy.
是的,但是你都快40岁了,你赚了很多钱,没有理由还和父母一起住。其实就是因为你心智还不成熟。
B : Whatever dude, I have everything I need, why would I move out! Have a great roof over my head, my mom does my
laundry4 and cooks for me, what else could a guy ask for!
哥们,管它呢。我已经有了我需要的,为什么我要搬出去呢!我妈妈是我头顶的一片天,为我洗衣服做饭,一个男人还能要求什么呢?
A : Let's agree to disagree.
好吧,我就持保留意见吧。
1. a bunch of crap
a bunch of 一群;一束;一堆
Miss White received a bunch of flowers from her admirer. 怀特小姐收到爱慕者所送的一束花。
I've made a bunch of friends and we party every weekend. 我交了一大群的朋友,我们每个周末都开派对。
crap n. 废话;废物;屎;拉屎 vi. 掷骰子;拉屎
Why do you people still watch that crap ? 为什么你们这些人还看这些狗屁节目?
We shipped a lot of crap out of Detroit in our day. 当时我们就曾从底特律把大量劣货装运出去。
2. make good money 很赚钱,赚很多钱
To make good money , you have to do good business. 要赚大钱,您得经营好您的业务。
Those workers make good money . Why are they on strike? 这些工人的收入不错。他们为什么要罢工呢?
3. agree to disagree 消除分歧,求同存异;同意各自保留不同意见
You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree . 不用争赢每一场辩论。试着对不同意见表示赞同。
The market, on the other hand, "allows
investors5 to agree to disagree ". 另一方面,市场“允许投资人求同存异”。
At this point Chinese and Occidentals must agree to disagree , for they can never be brought to view the same things in the same light. 中国人和西方人必须有个共识,就是在这一点上,他们不可能达成共识,因为他们永远不可能以同样的方式去看同样的事物。
分享到: