赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第4期:等不及要出发了! Can't Wait to Go!
时间:2013-11-05 06:44:48
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Can't Wait to Go!
等不及要出发了!
Kathy excitedly calls Evan the next day.
凯西第二天兴奋地打电话给艾凡。
Evan:Hello? Whiting residence.
艾凡:喂?这里是怀汀家。
Kathy:Evan? This is Kathy. Guess what?
凯西:艾凡?我是凯西。猜猜看怎么样了?
Evan:Calm down! Is everything OK?
艾凡:冷静一下!事情都还好吧?
Kathy:Yes, fine. Listen, first, my parents think it's a great idea that we go to Europe for a couple of months. Dad called our relatives in Sweden, and though they can't put us up, they would love to see us.
凯西:嗯,很好。听着,首先,我父母认为我们到欧洲去几个月这个主意不错。我爸打电话给我们在瑞典的亲戚,他们不能招待我们吃住,但是他们很乐意看到我们。
Evan:So far, so good. Go on.
艾凡:到目前为止一切还算不错。继续说下去。
Kathy:And, second, my parents are going to give me a thousand dollars as a graduation present! That'll help a lot.
凯西:第二,我父母将送我一千元(美金)当作毕业礼物!这笔钱会很有帮助。
Evan:Congratulations! That's great. Oh, what did the travel agent say?
艾凡:恭喜!那太棒了。哦,旅行社怎么说呢?
Kathy:Well, Rick wasn't in, but another agent told me to go in tomorrow morning to see him. He's at some conference but will be back tomorrow.
凯西:瑞克不在,但另一个职员叫我明天早上到他们办公室去找他。瑞克正出席某个会议,但明天会回来。
Evan:Oh, OK. We'll still have to wait for the details.
艾凡:哦,没关系。我们有些细节仍有待理清。
Kathy:Do you have any news?
凯西:那你那边有任何消息吗?
Evan:Yeah. My parents think it's a good idea, too.
艾凡:有。我父母也认为这个主意不错。
1.residence 居所,住所
resident居民
reside居住
例:The residents of our neighborhood are all friendly people.
(我们社区的居民都很友善。)
I reside in an apartment in a suburb of a big eitv.
(我住在大都市郊区的一间公寓里。)
2.Calm down!冷静一下!别慌,冷静点!
例:Sarah:Barry!Listen!There was this guy-I…
Barry:Calm down,Sarah!Tell me slowly what happened. (,
(莎拉:巴里!听我说!有这样的一个家伙,我……)
(巴里:莎拉,别慌,冷静点!慢慢告诉我发生厂什么事。
)
3 .put sb up供某人食宿
例:Evenvsummer when my gt-andpments visit uswe put them up in ouY truest room
(每当夏天我爷爷奶奶来看我们时,我们都让他们住在客房。)
4. congratulation 祝贺,祝贺辞
congt-atulate 向某人祝贺
congt-atulate sb on sth.因某事恭贺某人
例:Congratulations!You passed the
Joint1 College Entrance Examination.
分享到: