商务英语对话:办公室午餐
时间:2013-11-15 00:34:11
(单词翻译:单击)
Dialogue 1
Michael: How did your first day of work go?
迈克尔:第一天上班怎么样?
Billy: Everything was fine, except at lunchtime.
比利:一切都很好,除了午饭时间。
Michael: What happened?
迈克尔:怎么了?
Billy: I only had a half an hour for lunch. Many people didn't even leave their stations to eat.
比利:我只有半个小时的时间吃午饭。很多人在吃午饭的时候都没离开自己的座位。
Michael: Americans don't go out to long lunches with other
employees1?
迈克尔:美国人不和其他同事一起出去吃长时间的午饭吗?
Billy: No, most go for fast food or bring a metal lunchbox.
比利:是的。大部分美国人吃快餐或者带一个装有午餐的饭盒。
Michael: Only half an hour? Wow. That is a real difference.
迈克尔:只有半个小时,哇,这可真是很大不同。
Billy: Let me tell you more about lunchtime at the office.
比利:让我告诉你更多关于在办公室吃午饭的事情。
Dialogue 2
Gordon: Molly, I am going to KFC for lunch, would you like me to bring your back anything?
戈登:莫莉,我要到肯德基吃午饭,你要我给你带回点什么吗?
Molly : No thanks, that won't be necessary, I brought a lunch.
莫莉:不用了,谢谢。我带午饭了。
Gordon: You always bring a lunchbox, why?
戈登:你为什么总是自己带午饭呢?
Molly : Don't tell anyone, but I am on a
diet2. Fast food will make you fat.
莫莉:别告诉别人,我正在减肥。快餐会使人发胖。
Gordon: We could get someone to
deliver3 pizza?
戈登:我们可以叫人送点比萨饼来。
Molly : Pizza is still fatty fast food.
莫莉:比萨饼也是容易使人发胖的快餐。
Gordon: But during the coffee break I saw you eating the cake that the
boss4 gave you.
莫莉:但是查点休息时间我看见你在吃老板给你的蛋糕
Molly : If the boss brings a cake, you eat it!
莫莉:如果是老板给的蛋糕,你就得吃。
Gordon: I guess that is why the boss likes you more.
戈登:我想这就是老板为什么更喜欢你的原因。
Molly : You had better hurry to your fast food
joint5, you only have a half-hour.
莫莉:你最好快点到你的快餐店去,你只有半个小时。
Gordon: See you soon.
戈登:一会儿见。
分享到: