生活大爆炸第二季第二十集二_3
时间:2014-12-04 03:14:13
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
-Raj:If you want to clean up your karma, go get my freaking latte.
freaking:(用以加强语气)该死的 latte:拿铁咖啡
要想下辈子投好胎,就给我煮杯拿铁去。
-Howard:Hang on, I think I've got this. Help me see if we can wedge
wedge:楔
等下,我找到了这个,看看能否...
this little piece of PVC behind the support rod.
rod:棒
把这块PVC楔进载体棒后面。
-Sheldon:You're
overestimating1 the tensile strength of the substructure you're building.
overestimating:高估 tensile strength:抗张强度 substructure:基础
你高估了你做的基础部分的抗张强度。
-Howard:Sheldon, I know what I'm doing.
Sheldon 我知道自己在干什么。
-Sheldon:If you knew what you were doing, there wouldn't be a space toilet where my coffee table should be.
如果你知道,那这放咖啡桌的地方就不该摆着你的太空厕所。
-Raj:Howard, wait.
Howard 等等。
Why don't you use this instead of the PVC
为什么不用这个代替PVC,
to keep the transverse filter assembly in place?
transverse:横向的 filter:过滤器 assembly:装配,组装
来保持横向滤波器装配到位呢?
-Howard:Because this is not a spare part from the space station.
这又不是太空站的部件,
This is the thing from the pizza box
这是比萨饼盒子里的,
that keeps the lid from
touching2 the cheese.
lid:盖子
为了不让奶酪粘在盒子上。
-Raj:That what that's for? In India, the lid touches the cheese.
干这个用的? 在印度奶酪就会粘盒子啊。
rampant:猖獗的,无法控制的 poverty:贫穷 periodic:定期发生的 outbreaks:爆发 cholera:霍乱
当然了,印度那么穷还经常爆发霍乱,
so a little cardboard in our cheese is no biggie.
cardboard:硬纸板 biggie:大事
所以盒子粘上奶酪也不算啥。
-Howard:Where are you going?
你要去哪?
-Leonard:Comic book store.
漫画店。
-Sheldon:An excellent idea! I could certainly use a break.
break:间歇
好主意,我也要休息下。
-Raj:Me, too.
我也是。
-Howard:Hold on, you can go to the Comic book store when man can once again safely poop in space.
等宇航员能安全排便了你们才能去漫画店。
-Sheldon:Why does Leonard get to go?
为什么Leonard能去?
-Howard:'Cause he's upset over his situation with Penny
situation:情况
因为Penny的事搞得他心烦意乱。
and if I have to hear about it again, I'm going to kick him in his ovaries.
kick :踢 ovary:卵巢
如果他再讲一遍我就扁死他。
-Leonard:Thanks for understanding, Howard.
感谢理解 Howard。
-Howard:I got your back, sister.
我支持你,好姐妹。
All right, I think we've got a prototype ready to test.
prototype:雏形 test:测试
好了,要模拟实验一下了,
Hand me that Tupperware.
Tupperware:塑料制品
把那塑料盒给我。
-Raj:That's heavy.
好沉啊。
-Howard:Damn right it's heavy. It's my mother's meat loaf.
loaf:一条(块)面包
当然沉了,这是我妈做的肉馅糕。
It's been testing toilets for generations.
一直是我测试厕所的道具。
-Sheldon:I must say,
容我说一句,
I think a
detailed5 letter to MIT describing your current circumstances
detailed:详细的 MIT:麻省理工学院 circumstances:情况
如果跟麻省理工汇报下你现在的详细情况,
might entitle you to a
refund6 on your master's degree.
entitle to:赋予…做 refund:归还 master:硕士 degree:学位
你的硕士学位就飞鸟。
-Howard:Okay, simulated zero-gravity human waste disposal test
simulated:模拟的
好了,模拟零重力人类废物处理实验,
analog:类似物
放入肉馅糕模拟物...
three, two, one.
三二一
-Sheldon:Fascinating.
Fascinating:有极大吸引力的
好赞。
-Raj:What do you think the problem is?
你觉得问题在哪?
bread
crumb8:面包屑 crumb:碎屑(尤指面包屑或糕饼屑)
面包渣太少了
-Leonard:Hey, Stuart, I need to talk to you.
Stuart 咱俩要谈谈。
-Man:Sure, what's up?
好啊,怎么了?
-Leonard:I thinkI gave you bad advice about Penny,
Penny的事,我帮倒忙了,
and I want to apologize.
我想道歉。
-Man:No, your advice was great.
没,你的建议挺好啊。
-Leonard:it was?
啊?
-Man:Yeah, going slow really worked.
是啊,慢慢来很管用。
-Leonard:You're kidding.
开玩笑吧。
Never worked for me.
在我身上就不管用。
-Man:Last night at dinner, I did what you told me.
昨晚吃饭时,我按你说的做了,
I went really slow, I kept my distance,
放慢速度,保持距离,
and two bottles of wine later, we were making out in my car.
wine:酒,葡萄酒
两杯酒下肚,我俩就去车里嘿咻了。
-Leonard:Wine? I didn't say to give her wine.
酒? 我没说给她喝酒啊。
-Man:It doesn't matter, that's where it all went to hell.
这不是重点,糟糕的事才开始。
-Leonard:During the kissing?
接吻时很糟糕?
What did you do, sneeze in her mouth? I did that to a girl once.
sneeze:打喷嚏
在她嘴里打喷嚏了? 我对别的姑娘那样过。
-Man:No, everything was good and really hot.
没,都挺好,挺火辣的。
And I said,
然后我说,
Oh, Penny,
哦 Penny。
and right where she was supposed to say, Oh, Stuart, she said...
而她本该说"哦 Stuart" 但她说了...
your name.
你的名字
-Leonard:Leonard?
-Man:That is your name, right?
这是你的名字吧?
-Leonard:yes.I'm sorry. That must've been the last thing you wanted to hear.
不好意思啊,你最不想听见这个了吧。
-Man:It beats, You know I'm a dude, right?
还不如"你知道我是爷们儿吧?"。
Yeah, it was pretty bad.
是啊,糟糕死了。
-Leonard:No doubt, no doubt.
必然的,必然的。
I'm sorry it didn't work out.
work out:产生结果
不好意思,结果这么糟。
-Man:Not your fault.
不是你的错。
-Leonard:Yeah, how about that?
可不是嘛。
See you soon.
回头见。
-Man:Sure.
嗯了。
-Howard:Yes, sir, I understand "classified."
classified:机密的
是的,我明白这是机密。
We'll keep it all classified; no one has to know but you and me.
天知地知,你知我知。
-Penny:What's classified?
啥机密?
-Leonard:Howard's space toilet. I'll tell you later.
Howard的太空厕所,回头慢慢跟你说。
solution:解决办法
他们应用了我们的补救方案,
Let's just all hope it works.
希望起作用。
-Sheldon:I don't see why I have to worry.
不知道我为啥要担心,
My career's not hanging in the balance.
career :事业 hanging in the balance:安危未定
又不是我的事业悬而未决。
That was a joke.
开玩笑呢。
It's funny,
很好笑,
because it's true.
因为这是事实。
-Penny:Leonard, could you pass the soy sauce, please?
soy sauce:酱油
Leonard 把酱油给我好吗?
-Leonard:I'm sorry, were you talking to me?
你是跟我说话呢吗?
-Penny:Yeah, I said "Leonard."
是啊,我叫的是"Leonard"。
-Leonard:Yes, you did, didn't you?
没错嘛,是不是?
-Penny:What the hell is that?
那是什么鬼东西?
-Howard:Meatloaf.
肉馅糕。
-Leonard:What was it doing on the ceiling?
ceiling:天花板
怎么跑天花板上去了?
-Howard:That's classified.
这是机密。
-Space Station:Houston, International Space Station.
休斯顿,这里是国际空间站(休斯顿为美国国家宇航局所在地)。
We have a little situation up here.
我们这有点小状况,
We'd like to make an unscheduled space walk.
unscheduled:不按时间表的
我们要临时安排一次太空行走。
-Houston:I.S.S., Houston.
I.S.S:International Space Station,国际空间站
国际空间站,这里是休斯顿,
Which members would be involved in this E.V.A.?
crew:机务人员 involve:参与
将有哪些成员出舱?
-Space Station:Houston, we'd all like to step outside for a few minutes.
step:行走
我们都想出舱走走。
authorize:批准
这将不予批准。
-Space Station:Houston, this is more of an FYI call.
FYI:for your information,给你提供信息
其实我们只是通知一下。
We are basically out the door.
我们已经被迫出舱了。
分享到: