在线英语听力室

英语口语:歪果仁如何说“怂”

时间:2016-10-14 07:40:45

(单词翻译:单击)

  (1)coward 懦夫
  I was, to my shame, a coward.
  我很惭愧,我是个懦夫。
  He's a coward and a bully who confuses physical strength with manhood.
  他是一个懦夫,一个分不清蛮力和大丈夫气概的恃强凌弱者。
  But, at the same time, I admit that I was born a coward.
  但是同时我不得不承认我是一个天生的懦夫。
  I would be a coward if I left now.
  如果我现在离开,就成了一个懦夫。
  (2)wimp 软骨头
  But he looks like such a wimp: I'm afraid he doesn't have the guts to handle a realcrisis when it comes up.
  可是,他看起来像个软骨头。 我担心,在真正发生危机的时候,他可能不会有足够的勇气来处理问题。
  I was a wimp.
  我是个窝囊废。
  What a wimp that boy is!
  那真是个没有骨气的男孩。
  (3)weakling 没用的人
  Think that weakling is a worthy opponent?
  你认为那个懦夫配做我的对手吗?
  Next time I'll leave you in the trash, weakling!
  下次我不帮你了,没用的家伙!
  You are a miserable weakling.
  你是一个可怜的弱者。
  (4)wuss 胆小鬼
  Are you being a wuss?
  你想当胆小鬼?
  I'll tell you what kind-a coward, a wuss.
  我告诉你们,是懦夫,是胆小鬼!
  (5)craven 懦夫
  No man wants to be thought a craven person.
  没有人希望被人认为是个懦夫。
  A hero risks his life to help others; a craven runs from the scene.
  英雄冒着生命危险去帮助别人;而懦夫却临阵脱逃。
       更多学习:英语口语

分享到: