创业成功人士访谈录 第52期:我非常喜欢自己的工作(2)
时间:2017-03-21 02:08:58
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
So it’s not like they’re really closely1 tied together.
由此看来,掘客视频播客和掘客 网之间并没有特别紧密的联系。
You said you’re going to stay at Digg for a while.
你说过,今后还会在掘客网待上一段时间。
You just raised a big Series C round.
掘客网刚刚完成其第三轮融资计划
Does this mean the company’s going to stay independent (i.e. not get bought) for longer than originally planned?
这是否意味着掘客网可在更长时间内保持独立,而不会被其他企业收购,而不是像最初计划的那样?
The nice thing about the last raise is that it wasn‘t like “oh,we’re out of money, we need to raise more",
对于最近一次融资,最让我们感到欣慰的是,我们并不是因为资金紧张才去融资。
it was more based on the fact that we knew we wanted to expand into different languages
更多的是因为我们想进一步拓展,推出更多不同语言的版本
and we knew we had to buy
racks2 of servers over in Europe, and all that takes capital to make happen.
此外,我们觉得必须针对欧洲市场购入大量服务器。要实现这些目标,都需要有足够资金作为支撑。
We sat down and said, okay, where do we want to be a few years from now and what are the resources that we need to make that happen?
我们坐在一起谈,那么,我们希望在未来几年内发展成什么规模,我们现在需要获取哪些资源以实现目标?
We would’ve ran out of cash had we
executed3 on that plan to expand internationally.
如果我们实施原计划向目标扩张,则可能早已破产。
That raise was really, okay, let’s build the team that we need in San Francisco to continue to
evolve4 the product,
我们必须打造在旧金山打拼所需要的团队,同时升级产品,
and
invest5 in R&D and continue to scale the site, but at the same time let’s talk about international next year.
并加大在研发方面的投入,继续扩大网站规模。当然国际化也是我们必须考虑的问题,但最好还是留到明年。
So that’s what this is for.
这就是融资的原因。
What about other social news sites?
你对其他社会新闻网站怎么看?
Are any of them doing things that Digg isn’t that you’re hoping to
emulate6 in one way or another?
它们当中的一些网站是否拥有一些掘客网没有并希望以某种形式效仿的功能?
That’s a good question. I really don’t use anybody else’s product.
这个问题问得很好。说实话,我真的还没用过其他的产品,
I’ve never used their services at all,I think I've maybe “buzzed” one article when (Yahoo Buzz) first came out.
也从没有使用过他们的服务。在雅虎Buzz新闻评级服务第一次出现时,我似乎在上面上传过一篇文章。
We don’t really base our product decisions on what anybody else is doing.
但我们在开发产品时,从来不以他人产品作为参考对象。
分享到: