创业成功人士访谈录 第59期:PHP团队没有任何结构(4)
时间:2017-03-22 01:11:54
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
“This has to change. Give the guys who have been complaining over the last few years access to the code.
因此我认为是时候改革了,给那些过去几年一直抱怨 的家伙有权限修改代码。
The guy who has been complaining about the
Oracle1 extension, he’s been a pain in my
ass2 for years,
那些一直抱怨甲骨文公司扩张的家伙,这些年一直跟我作对,现在成为朋友了。
so it’s yours now
buddy3. Any further issues or complaints about Oracle go directly to you.”
任何其他关于甲骨文的问题和抱怨都直接交由你负责。
And that really empowered people.
这确实增强了大家的权利。
When they felt that they now owned a slice of PHP, they started getting
defensive4.
当他们感到他们现在拥有一小部分PHP时,他们开始变得收敛
Instead of complaining to me about things-once they got ownership, and power, the whole atmosphere changed.
而不是向我抱怨,当他们得到所有权和权力后,整个氛围发生了变化
And it got a lot more fun as well, because I didn’t feel like it was just me against the world any more; now it was a real team effort.
同时也带来了许多的乐趣,因为我不再觉得只有我才是与这个世界格格不入的。现在我们是一个真正共同努力的团队。
Do you keep tabs on other languages such as
Ruby5?
你会关注其他语言如Ruby吗?
Rails has
tapered6 out a little bit lately.
我认为Ruby最近有点萎缩
Maybe the new version that they’re coming out with一the one that’s actually fast (laughs)一maybe that will be interesting.
也许新版本马上会出来,速度也许真正会快一点(笑),到那时也许会很有趣
But there are performance issues with the scaffolding and stuff, and they recognise that, which is why the new build will be better.
但它一直存在“脚手架”方面的性 能问题,而且官方也承认了这一点,因此我认为新版本性能可能会好一点。
But I've never been a huge fan of code generation,to be honest —it’s building apps that have already been built.
不过我不是代码生成的狂热者,说实话--它只是在开发那些已经开发了的应用程序。
The scaffolding, well, it looks good in a screencast,but for real-world use the scaffolding just wasn’t interesting to me.
在一个示范视频中,“脚手架”看起来似乎还 比较好,但在现实世界中使用“脚手架”,我对此没有什么兴趣
And I think many other people have come to that same conclusion: “OK,the scaffolding is cute, but we need something real
而且我认为许多人和我的想法是一样的,“脚手架”确实可爱,但我更需要实际一点的东西。
…Ruby as a language is great, I think it’s a really clean and nice language.
Ruby也是一门伟大的编程语言,我认为它是一个非常干净漂亮的语言。
There just aren’t that many people who know it well.
只是没有那么多人了解。
A lot of people went to Ruby on Rails because they got sucked in by the screen cast and the “hey,you can build an app in 10 seconds”factor.
有许多人转向 Ruby on Rails是因为他们受到示范视频和“嘿!你可以10秒内构建一个应 用程序”的引诱
But when they needed to do something real, they thought, “Oh crap, I don’t know Ruby very well!”
但当他们真正需要干点实际的事情时,他们会认为“哦,垃圾,我真的不了解Ruby ! ”
分享到: