创业成功人士访谈录 第75期:乔恩特克纳我们将为世界带来积极的改变(5)
时间:2017-03-22 01:23:53
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
So why have this separate network?
所以为什么要这个独立的网络呢?
What’s likely to change in five years from what we see today in the average
browser1?
未来5年里一般的浏览器会发生与我们现在看到的不一样的变化呢?
I think there’s going to be added a lot of features, but there’s going to be more standards and there’s going to be more things happening.
我认为会出现很多新功能,会有更多的标准出台,会有更多的事件发生。
Microsoft has been
stifling2 this for a long time because in a way, if we add something new, even though it’s a standard, it doesn’t change anything.
如果我们出台一些新的东西,即便是标准的,也不会改变什么,因为微软会长期扼杀我们。
Our market share, whether it’s 1 percent, or 5 percent or whatever, it doesn’t really matter.
我们的市场份额不管是1%还是5%还是多少,都没多大关系
In that way, we can’t change the standards, but now we have a possibility to do so.
那样的情况下,我们无力改变标准,但现在我们有可能去改变标准
This is why Firefox is positive for us,because when the two of us
implement3 a new standard, maybe even together with Apple, then we actually have the possibility to change.
这就是为什么Firefox对我们有积极的意义。因为当我们和Firefox甚至苹果联手建立实施新标准,就有可能改变。
So, are you saying then that the same
metaphor4 for a browser is not really going to
radically5 change?
那您的意思是不是说对于浏览器来说,同样的隐形系统不会发生根本变化?
There are more and more applications coming up.
以后会有越来越多的应用程序出现。
You can actually write full programs with the Web browser.
你可以用网络浏览器编写全部程序。
That’s one of the changes that have been happening. We want to make it possible to do more advanced things.
这是正在发生着的改变,我们希望它能做更多高级先进的事情。
One of the changes that’s going to be happening in the next few years is all these mobile devices and set-top box devices
未来几年里可能会出现的一项应用是移动设备和机顶盒
-they don’t have the standard screen size of a PC and don’t have the standard resolution.
它们没有PC电脑的屏幕尺寸和分辨率。
Web designers may not have been willing to actually gather for people with accessibility issues,
网页设计者过去不太乐意去解决可访问性问题
but they will have to gather for this, and the good part is that the side effect of that will be that it will help for accessibility as well.
但他们以后要解决这一类问题。这些设备的副作用带来了一些好处,会让设计者考虑可访问性问题。
分享到: