创业成功人士访谈录 第78期:黑帽技术大会的创始人(3)
时间:2017-03-22 01:26:10
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
It sucks. In certain circumstances, it might be the right thing to pull a talk.
这真不怎么样。有时候,要求取消某个讲话的理由是正确的
But it seems most of the time it’s overreactions by security
vendors1 who don’t understand. It’s a disservice for the whole community.
但绝大部分都是那些不明就里的安全领域的厂商神经过敏,这对社区是一种伤害
How can businesses make informed risk decisions if they never get to hear real-world information?
那些公司如果不听取这些现实的信息如何制定带有风险的决策?
They only get to read press announcements and product literature. There are bigger implications for every conference.
他们只看印刷出版的公告和产品说明书。每个会议都有更多的含义。
If everyone is afraid to speak, who will do and talk about interesting research? We’ll just lose that edge.
如果每个人都害怕讲话,谁会研究并讨论这些有趣的研究?我们会失去这些最前沿的东西。
Have you had fun doing personal
hacks2?
做个人黑客有趣吗?
I have older hacks I'm really proud of but not lately. I manage the Defcon network and configure them.
我确实对曾经的一些黑客感到很骄傲,但那已经不是近期的事情了。
I watch them withstand millions of attacks. I,m fairly proud that no one has broken into me yet.
我现在管理并装配黑客大会的网络,每天都看到数以百万的攻击。
But I’m smart enough to know it can’t stay like that forever. That’s where I put my creative energy.
值得自豪的是,没有人得逞,但我知道不会永远这样,我现在的创造精力放在这里。
Where did your handle, “The Dark Tangent” come from?
你的网名“黑暗切线”是怎么来的?
There was a comic book produced by one of my favorite artists. It was D,Arc Tangent. It was about an intelligent robot that got infused with a personality.
有一本漫画,叫《达克尔切线》,是我喜欢的一个作者出的,关于一个被注入了人性的智能机器人。
Only one issue was ever produced. It was about what does it mean to be human. I wrote for a magazine and used it as a pen name.
只出了一版。它阐述了它对于人类的意义。我为杂志写文章的时候,用 “黑暗切线”做笔名。
One of the government panelists said that after he leaves this show, he never feels really good.
一个政府与会者离开后曾说,他觉得很不好
It’s that scary feeling that security vulnerabilities are everywhere and you have a whole lot more work to do to improve security.
安全漏洞到处都是,这很恐怖。我们需要大量的工作来提高安全性。
It’s a common reaction. You see five or six talks and wonder how we function as a society.
这是正常的反应。你会听到5到6个关于社会功能的会谈。
We’re so dependent on technology and it’s so half-assed and jury-rigged. You
poke3 any bit and it comes tumbling down.
我们现在过度地依赖技术,它是杂乱且应急的。你碰任何一块都会掉下来。
Automobiles4 aren’t like that. We put engineering thought into buildings and airplanes.
汽车不像那样。我们将工程思维注入用于物建筑和飞机工程。
But technology is really shaky. It
energizes5 people who see there is so much more work to do.
但是技术却不牢靠。它让那些面对大量工作的人看到有许多工作要做。
分享到: