创业成功人士访谈录 第81期:我们不是也永远不会成头一个生产机构(1)
时间:2017-03-22 01:29:07
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Michael, thanks for taking the time to talk一 can you start by telling me a little about how TXP got into the NPI business?
迈克尔,感谢您花时间与我交谈。首先,您能否简单地谈谈TXP是如 何进入新产品导入(NPI)业务的呢?
The TXP team actually began in 1997 as a Product Introduction Center (PIC) for Flextronics.
TXP团队始创于1997年,最初是伟创力的产品导入中心(PIC)。
As a PIC we were on the engineering & design side reporting up through to Flex’s CTO.
我们这个中心负责工程和设计,并直接向伟创力的首席技术官(CTO)汇报工作。
So we were closer to the engineering side of the business than the production side.
因此,在这项业务当中我们比较熟悉的是工程而不是生产。
That focus continues today with the engineering support model we advocate.
如今,我们仍然保持着这个工作重心,并继续推崇这种工程支持模式。
Our beginnings at Flextronics allowed my team to gain a lot of valuable experience with a large variety of products,
我们的团队最初在伟创力的打拼让我们获得了大量颇具价值的丰富的产品经验
and also with preparing products for launch into a volume production environment.
及有关准备将产品投入批量生产环境的宝贵经验。
You use the term NPI, but we really see what we do as pre-NPI.
你用到了 “新产品导入”这个词,但我们认为,我们所做的其实是新产品导入的前期工作。
It is what we term pre-manufacturing.
我们将其称之为“制造前”工作。
To me, NPI means that you have a product that is ready to be released into a production environment.
在我看来,“新产品导入”意味着你拥有的产品即将投入生产环境。
When you work with engineers as we do, you find out that they are always working on versions of products that are not yet ready for the production environment.
当你像我们一样与工程师展开合作,.你会发现他们所研究的产品往往是那些还不能够立即投入生产环境的产品。
After several years as a PIC, Flextronics
decided1 to integrate our PIC into a local production facility.
作为产品导入中心运营几年以后,伟创力决定将我们团队整合至一家本地生产厂。
That did not work very well, and after several months the opportunity presented itself for me to spin my group out of Flextronics and establish it as a separate commercial
entity2.
这项举措并没有收到很好的效果。几个月后,机遇出现了,我决定将我的团队从伟创力中剥离出来,并把它建设成为一个独立的商业机构。
This was
risky3, but it is a decision I have never regretted. We became our own company in 2002,and have been growing
steadily4 ever since.
这么做要承担很大的风险,但我从未因这个决定而后悔。我们于2002年成立了自己的公司,并一直稳步成长。
And the experience base we gained as part of Flextronics
remains5 a real strength for our company today.
我们在伟创力获得的经验基础仍然是我们公司目前发展的一大实力。
My team now has 10 years of experience
helping6 engineers prepare products for production, and we feel that we are the best at this in the industry.
如今,我的团队在帮助工程师完成产 品生产准备方面积累了10年的经验, 我们认为我们在这方面是行业第一。
分享到: