创业成功人士访谈录 第84期:我们不是也永远不会成头一个生产机构(4)
时间:2017-03-22 01:31:47
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
With time to market issues being so critical, pre-manufacturing services have become a major influence on the ultimate success of your product.
由于入市时间问题十分关键,因此制造前服务对产品取得最终成功发挥着重要的影响作用。
How much cost impact can you have by getting the product right for manufacturing from the very outset?
最开始的生产前准备对成本会有多大影响?
This is hard to quantify exactly. I would suggest however that the
savings1 can be significant.
这很难给出一个具体数目。但我可以说,我们节省了很大成本。
Again, if you consider the value of the benefits I mentioned
previously2,
如果你考虑到我之前提及的那些益处所具备的价值
reduced cost of materials due to fewer proto spins, reduced design and development time, reduced time for debugging,
这些益处包括:因原型旋转数减少而降低的材料成本、设计和开发时间及调试时间缩短
reduced manufacturing set-up costs, and ultimately a quicker time to market, then you would have to agree that there is a major cost impact.
生产启动成本减少及最终的入市速度提高,你就得赞同我的观点,认为其中的确存在重大的成本影响力。
It will of course vary by product and customer,and not all prototypes necessarily benefit from our approach.
当然,因产品和客户不同。我们的方法并非对所有原型有益。
For example, if you are simply changing a few parts on an existing board, we consider that
rev3 roll and it should be done by your current production house.
例如, 如果你只是在现有的电路板上更换了一些零部件,那么我们认为这并无多大用处,这项工作应该由你们现在的生产机构来完成。
Given that products have smaller and smaller market windows, it must be very important to accelerate the speed at which a product can get into production.
如果产品的市场窗□越来越小,那么就很有必要加快产品投产速度。
How can you improve this process?
你们是如何改进这一流程的呢?
It’s all about execution! We are very focused as this is all we do for a living
这完全靠执行!我们在这方面十分专注,因为这是我们谋生的途径。
and now have 10 years worth of processes and procedures put in place which has made us rather good at this role.
目前,我们有效地运用了10年来积累的诸多工艺和流程,这使我们非常出色地完成了这项任务。
Due to our size and experience we are able to be more flexible and act more nimbly than most other larger companies.
由于我们具备一定的规模和经验,因此我们更加自由,行动起来要比许多其他大型公司更加灵活。
For example, we are willing and able to
implement4 an ECO based on an email or fax request from someone
authorized5 at our customer.
例如,我们乐于并且也能够按照客户方主管的要求,以电子邮件或传真的形式执行设计变动命令 (ECO)。
We don’t require a formal ECO process that serves no other purpose than to delay the build.
我们不需要正式的设计变动命令流程,这种命令只会延误生产。
分享到: