创业成功人士访谈录 第87期:我们不做艺术买卖(3)
时间:2017-03-22 01:34:46
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
That’s hard to answer, because we didn’t set out to purposely be different from everyone else.
很难回答,因为我们并未有意识地和其他所有人不同。
But, that said, I do think that our desire to
integrate1 artists into the fair through the projects program has changed the feeling of the whole environment.
但是我可以这样讲,我们将艺术通过各种项目融入博览会的愿望改变了整体环境的感觉。
I think we were the first fair to
commission2 artists’ work.
我想我们是第一家授权委托画家艺术作品的博览会。
As far as I’m aware, that’s the case.
据我所知,确实是这样。
Also, the talks program has brought major thinkers and artists to the fair; the music program even brought Karlheinz Stockhausen to London.
演讲环节将重要的思想家和艺术家带到博览会;音乐环节甚至把卡尔海因茨斯托克豪森带到了伦敦。
And so the atmosphere changes as whole different audiences come to the fair than would have come otherwise.
不同的观众群体来 到这里,整个氛围也发生了改变。
I also think the simple fact that we put the fair in the middle of a beautiful park in a major city gives you a completely different feeling from a
convention3 center.
另外,很简单的一点是我们将博览会的举行地放在城市美丽的公园中心,与在会议中心举办博览会相比,在公园举行能给人一种完全别样的感觉。
And by having brilliant architects designing temporary structures for the fair,
这里有智慧的建筑师精彩设计的临时场馆
每年人为地在入□处做些改变,让人们出乎意料。
we’ve tried to create a place of discovery and excitement.
我们努力创造一个给人新发现与兴 奋的地方。
And the galleries have used it,I think, to do incredibly interesting projects that they wouldn’t feel comfortable doing in the environment of any other fair.
画廊也都尝试新奇的方法, 做出一些令人难以置信的有趣的项目, 这在其他博览会上是难以想象的。
Klosterfelde’s Elmgreen & Dragset project~where the stand was divided in two,
克洛 斯特费尔德的艾尔姆格林和德拉格赛特 艺廊,将展位分成两个
and one side
replicated6 the other, complete with a bewigged stand-in for Martin Klosterfelde一is a case in point.
一个复制另外一个,马丁 克洛斯特费尔德的复制品 戴着假发。
Or the presence of the Wrong Gallery, which showed Tino Sehgal the first year.
还有“错误画廊”,第一年展出了蒂诺塞加尔,
Bringing his work to audiences in this
context7 was very, very powerful.
将他的作品带到这里,真的是非常非常有影响力的。
So there’s a kind of art feeling when you walk in and, as Amanda said,a kind of confounding of expectations.
就如阿曼达所言,走进来你就有一种艺术的感觉,有种出乎意料的感觉。
I don’t know if that’s good for the market side or bad for it,
我不知道这对市场方面来说好还是不好。
but for us the program makes the fair a much more interesting place. It’s much more engaged.
但对我们来说,这种设计使得博览会成为一个更有趣的地方,互动性大大加强。
分享到: