创业成功人士访谈录 第95期:我是仁慈的独裁者(1)
时间:2017-03-23 03:01:33
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
I've heard C# was created in a room with a group of designers.
听说C#是你的设计小组在一个房间里设计出来的。
Yes. It was the same room for four years.
是的。我们在同一个房间里待了4年。
We’re still in that room every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
现在每周一、三、五,我们还在那儿举行例会。
I’m curious about the design process for C#.
我对C#的设计过程很好奇。
I've been involved in several different language designs, either directly or
peripherally1.
这几年,我直接或间接地参与了几种编程语言的设计。
In the Python process, for example, Guido van Rossum is humorously referred to as the
benevolent2 dictator3.
例如在开发Python (直译式计算机程序设计语言)的过程中,罗森被大家幽默地称为仁慈的独裁者。
That’s sort of my same position.
我跟他扮演同样的角色。
You are the benevolent dictator for C#?
你也是C#设计过程中仁慈的独裁者?
I’m the tie breaker.
我是打破僵局的人。
Once we’ve gone around an issue enough, and it is time to just make a decision one way or the other, I make it.
一旦我们在一个问题上停留很久并且到了该作某种决定的时候我就会作出最后的决定。
But in most cases the decision is obvious.
但是多数时候,这些决定都是很明显的。
Is that similar to how Turbo Pascal and Delphi were designed?
满轮帕斯卡(Turbo Pascal)和 Delphi (Windows平台下著名的快速应用 程序开发工具)也是这样设计出来的吗?
Those were less formal. I designed Turbo Pascal mostly by myself.
它们没这么正式。涡轮帕斯卡的设计基本由我一个人完成。
I designed Delphi with Chuck Jazdzewski and Gary Whizin,but the group was small enough that we didn’t really need a formal process.
查克扎斯载沃斯基、加里威姿恩和我一起设计了 Delphi。由于设计团体很小,我们不需要正式的流程。
For C#,on the other hand, it has worked really well to formalize:
另一方面,C#的工作是很正式的。
every Monday,Wednesday, and Friday from 1:00 to 3:00,we have a regularly scheduled meeting.
我们在每周一、三、五的下午13点举行例会。
We have a living
agenda4. Issues bubble to the top, and we knock them off.
我们还有一个日程表,问题像冒泡一样跑到日程表的最上面,然后我们快速地解决。
We have a wiki now on the internal web with the issues list,resolutions for them, and so on.
在公司内部,我们有一个自己的维基百科,上面列出了一些问题和问题的解决方案等。
How do issues bubble to the top?
那些问题是怎样浮到表面的?
Well, they just sort of do.
嗯,只是排序而已。
We have many ways customers can give inputsoftware design reviews, news groups
客户可以通过多种途径向我们反馈,比如软件设计评审会议、新闻组等,
—all sorts of ways we get feedback on the language.
通过各种方法我们得到这个语言的反馈。
分享到: