创业成功人士访谈录 第101期:我们要尊重各国不同地区的历史和文化传统(2)
时间:2017-03-23 03:15:58
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
The warmth and hospitality of the people.I love the food,
土耳其人民热情好客。我很喜欢这里的食物,
and I was taken with what I believe to be a much larger opportunity for Starbucks than I think we originally thought.
我看到了这里有比我们原来想象的要大得多的开星巴克店的机会。
So, at this point given the reception that we have,
因此,根据我们收到的反馈情况,
there will be many more stores throughout the country in multiple cities over the next few years
我们将在未来几年内在土耳其全国大城市中开更多的咖啡店,
and I can't say how many we would have because I think I might put to low of a number on it
我们现在还不能确定数量,因为我们可能会低估这个数量,
but we are very excited very enthused and feel very fortunate that in such a short period of time.
但是我们很兴奋也感觉自己很幸运,在如此短的时间内,
The stores that we have opened have done extremely well we give a lot of credit to our local team there.
我们开的店都经营得很好,这主要归功于我们当地的经营管理团队。
Did they make you taste Turkish coffee?
他们让您尝过土耳其咖啡了吗?
Yes, well I have had Turkish coffee before and I think the funny story about this is when we were getting ready to open up in Turkey
是的,嗯,我以前就喝过土耳其咖啡的。我觉得有趣的是,我们准备在土耳其开业的时候,
many of our own people as well as friends of the company said:
很多人也包括我们公司的朋友说,
we had to make sure we had traditional
authentic1 Turkish coffee and Turkish coffee preparations in the store.
我们必须保证店里有 传统的正宗土耳其咖啡及其配料。
So we did that. But the truth is that not many Turkish people are ordering Turkish coffee.
所以我们就这样做了。但是事实上,并没有很多土耳其人会点土耳其咖啡。
They want traditional Starbucks coffee or frappuchino.
他们通常想要传统的星巴克咖啡或者法布奇诺。
And it's so funny that we have tried to be as respectful as possible but most Turkish people are not drinking it.
所以我觉得很有趣,我们尽量的尊重当地的饮食习惯,但是多数的土耳其人却并不买账。
It’s true but I think it is a good addition to the menu
是的,但是我想这也是对原有菜单的丰富,
even though I heard the same thing in Turkey and I was surprised
即使我在土耳其听到同样的事情我也会大吃一惊,
because the Turks are such coffee drinkers of their own coffee as well.
因为他们太喜欢喝自己的咖啡了。
Well, I think that having the traditional Turkish coffee in our stores is really
emblematic2 of what we have tried to do around the world
嗯,我认为在我们的咖啡店里经营传统土耳其咖啡确实代表着我们正努力在全球范围内做的事情。
and that is to be extremely respectful of the history of the culture and tradition of different country’s understanding
我们要尊重各国不同地区的历史和文化传统,
and sensitivity around coffee and the coffee experience,
尊重不同国籍的人对咖啡不同的理解和感受。
and whenever possible demonstrate our respect by bringing to them the way they have learned to drink coffee.
我们通过他们习惯的方式来为他们提供服务,
And this is a perfect example.
这就是我们表达尊重的一个例子。
分享到: