欧美名人演讲 第45期:《盗梦空间》女星Ellen Page出柜演讲(2)
时间:2017-04-27 01:34:28
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Now I try not to read gossip as a rule, but the other day a website ran an article with a picture of me wearing sweatpants on the way to the gym.
我基本上不太看花边新闻,但是有一天我看到一个网站上的文章,上面载着一张我穿着运动裤往健身房走的照片。
And the writer asked, “Why does this petite beauty insist upon
dressing1 like a massive man?”
作者写道“为什么这个娇小的姑娘总穿得像个大块头的男人?”
Because I like to be comfortable.
因为我想要穿得舒服一些。
There are
pervasive2 stereotypes3 about masculinity and femininity that define how we are all supposed to act, dress and speak. And they serve no one.
这里有太多的广泛的关于性别气质的刻板印象,它规定我们要怎么做,怎么穿,怎么说。这种性别刻板印象对任何人都没有好处。
Anyone who defies these so-called ‘norms’ becomes
worthy4 of comment and
scrutiny5.
任何遵守这些的所谓的“正常人”就有权利评论和监督别人。
And the LGBT community knows this all too well.
LGBT人群最能体会其中的酸楚。
Yet there is courage all around us.
然而,我们周围充满了勇气可嘉的人。
The football hero, Michael Sam. The actress, Laverne Cox. The musicians Tegan and Sara Quinn.
橄榄球英雄Michael Sam,女演员Laverne Cox,音乐家 Tegan 和 Sara Quinn。
The family that supports their daughter or son who has come out. And there is courage in this room. All of you.
那些支持他们孩子出柜的家庭。还有来自这个房间的你们的勇气。即在座的各位。
And I’m inspired to be in this room because every single one of you is here for the same reason.
我深受启发,因为你们的每一位都因为相同的原因齐聚一堂。
You’re here because you’ve adopted as a core motivation the simple fact that this world would be a whole lot better if we just made an effort to be less horrible to one another.
你们在这里,因为你们都抱着一个简单的中心理念,那就是只要我们减少彼此的敌意,这个世界就会变得更好。
If we took just 5 minutes to recognize each other’s beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences.
如果我们花5分钟去认识其他人的美丽,而不是攻击我们的不同。
That’s not hard. It’s really an easier and better way to live. And ultimately, it saves lives.
这并不难做到。我们的生活就会更简单更快乐,更会拯救很多生命。
Then again, it can be the hardest thing, because loving other people starts with loving ourselves and accepting ourselves.
但是从另一方面说,这也可能是最难做到的事情。因为爱别人是从爱自己和接受自己开始的。
And I know many of you have struggled with this.
我知道,你们很多人在为此而挣扎。
And I draw upon your strength and your support, in ways you will never know.
我用了你们给我的力量和支持,还有很多你们永远也不会知道的方法来做到这一点。
And I’m here today because I am gay. And because…
我今天来到这儿,因为我是同性恋。因为...
分享到: