欧美名人演讲 第51期:工党影子大臣希拉里·本恩在议会关于空袭ISIS的演讲(5)
时间:2017-04-27 02:15:51
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
But I say the threat is now, and there are rarely, if ever, perfect circumstances in which to deploy1 military forces.
但是我想说,威胁就在眼前,但出动军事力量这种事几乎不存在什么完美的前提。
Now we heard very powerful
testimony2 from the
honourable3 member for Eddisbury earlier when she quoted that passage, and I just want to read what Karwan Jamal Tahir, the Kurdistan regional government high representative in London, said last week and I quote: ,
我们刚才已经听到了来自艾迪斯布里的尊敬的议员的有力证词,她引用了这段话。我也愿意为大家朗读一段来自库尔德斯坦地方政府驻伦敦高级专员Karwan Jamal Tahir上周所说的话:
‘Last June, Daesh captured one third of Iraq over night and a few months later attacked the Kurdistan region.
“去年六月,达伊沙在一夜之间就占领了伊拉克三分之一的土地,数月后就开始进攻库尔德斯坦。
Swift airstrikes by Britain, America and France, and the actions of our own Peshmerga, saved us.
英国、美国和法国及时的空袭,以及我们库尔德自由民兵的战斗拯救了我们。
We now have a border of 650 miles with Daesh.
我们现在与达伊沙之间有650英里的边界。
We’ve pushed them back, and recently captured Sinjar.
我们将它们击退,并在最近重新夺回了辛贾尔城,
Again, Western airstrikes were vital.
西方的空袭又一次帮助良多。
But the old border between Iraq and Syria does not exist.
但是伊拉克和叙利亚原来的边境线早已不复存在,
Daesh fighters come and go across this
fictional4 boundary.’
达伊沙的武装人员在这条虚拟的边境上来去自如。”
And that is the argument Mr Speaker, for treating the two countries as one, if we are serious about defeating Daesh.
议长先生,这就是我的论断:如果我们真的想要击溃达伊沙我们必须将伊叙两国视同为一。
Now Mr Speaker, I hope the house will bear with me if I direct my closing remarks to my Labour friends and colleagues on this side of the House.
现在,议长先生,我希望各位可以允许我将我的结语说给我这一侧工党的朋友和同僚。
As a party we have always been defined by our internationalism.
作为一个政党,我们一直标榜着国际主义。
We believe we have a responsibility one to another.
我们坚信,我们相互承载着对于彼此的责任。
We never have–and we never should–walk by on the other side of the road.
我们未曾,也绝不应该事不关己地绕行他路。
我们现在面对的,是法西斯。
Not just their calculated
brutality6, but their belief that they are superior to every single one of us in this
chamber7 tonight, and all of the people that we represent.
并不仅因他们处心积虑的残暴行径,还有他们自认为比我们今天在场的每一个人都高贵,比我们所代表的人民都高贵。
They hold us in contempt.
他们蔑视我们。
They hold our values in contempt.
他们蔑视我们的价值观。
他们蔑视我们一向的宽容和高尚。
They hold our democracy, the means by which we will make our decision tonight, in contempt.
他们蔑视我们今晚赖以做出决定的民主制度。
分享到: