“不知道”只会I don't know?这些比它高级100倍!
时间:2017-07-18 09:28:09
(单词翻译:单击)
很多人英语已经不错了,但总感觉不是很地道。碰到不会回答的问题,还是条件反射地回答“I don't know.”虽然英语贵在简洁,但和老外交流只会一种说法,让人感觉很boring...今天,一起来看看哪些花式说法让你英语up,up,让老外也给你点赞!
除了I don't know,「不知道」还能怎么说?
1. I have no idea/clue. 我不清楚。
2. I can't help you there. 这个,我真帮不了。
3. Beats me. 这真问倒我了(非正式)。
4. I'm not really sure. 我真不太了解。
5. I've been wondering that, too. 我也疑惑呢。
职场宫心计,很多时候全靠猜测。那么,猜测的各种说法,如何表达呢?
工作中,如何表示个人猜测?
1. If I had to take a guess, I'd say she's about 35 years old.
要我猜的话,她估计35岁左右。
2. It's difficult to say, but I think our customers are more satisfied.
这很难说,但我觉得我们的客户更满意。
3. Off the top of my head, I'd say the company has 500 employees.
我大概估算下,这家公司有500名员工。(Off the top of my head: 没有仔细查数据,不假思索)
4. I wouldn't be surprised if Peter asks Mary to quit the job.
如果Peter让Mary辞职的话,我一点也不吃惊。
5. There's a good chance the company will go bankrupt.
这家公司很可能会倒闭。
6. I have a feeling/hunch the boss won't be happy about this.
7. I bet he'll be late.
我敢打赌他会迟到。
8. Your guess is as good as mine.
猜测总归是猜测 (= I don't know)
工作中很多时候需要做决策,英语中关于“决策”有哪些说法呢?
工作中,如何谈做决策?
1. I'm debating between option A and option B.
我还在选项A和选项B之间犹豫不决。
2. I can't make up my mind.
我下不定主意。
3. I'm on the fence.
我现在左右为难。(= I’m in the middle, I don’t know what to decide)
4. I'll take that into consideration.
我会考虑那个的。
5. I'm having second thoughts.
我再重新考虑看看。(= I'm reconsidering my decision)
6. He convinced/persuaded me to quit the job.
他劝我辞职的。
7. Looking back, I know it was the right decision.
往回看,我知道那是正确的决策。
8. It's up to you.
(= You can decide) 由你来做主。
疲惫是工作的常态,没有一份工作不费心力,“累了”要怎么说呢?
如何表达“我累了”……
我真是筋疲力尽了。
2. I'm dead tired.
我累死了。
3. I'm pooped.
我累趴下了。
4. I'm spent.
我没劲了。
5. I'm beat.
我累趴了。
6. I'm running on
fumes3. / I'm running on empty.
我真的没劲了。
7. I can hardly keep my eyes open.
我眼睛都睁不开了。
8. I'm gonna hit the sack.
我要睡觉了。(hit the sack = go to bed)
职场上,称职的主管都知道士气有多重要,那么如何给别人打气呢?
职场中,如何鼓励同事?
1. Keep up the good work!
做得很好,继续努力。
2. That was a nice try.
这个尝试不错。(别人努力但失败之后,给予对方这样的鼓励。)
3. That's a real improvement.
这个进步真大。
4. You're on the right track.
这就对了。
5. You've almost got it.
你已经差不多想到了。
6. You're doing great.
你做得很棒。
7. Don't give up! / Hang in there!
别放弃,坚持下去。
8. Give it your best shot.
你要全力以赴。(best shot = best try, best effort)
9. Nice job! / You did great!
做得好!
如何说记不清事情了?
1. If I remember correctly… / As far as I can recall…
如果我没记错的话……
2. I have a vague recollection of…
我模糊记得……
3. It's on the tip of my tongue.
话就在我嘴边,就是想不起来。
4. My mind went blank.
我的脑子一片空白。
5. It doesn't ring a bell.
我实在没什么印象了。
6. Please remember to…
请记住……
7. I'd like to remind you about…
我想提醒你……
工作中,不经意间可能冒犯了别人,那么关于“生气”有哪些说法呢?
职场冒犯了别人,怎么表达?
1. They got off on the wrong foot.
他们一开始就互不对头。 (got off on the wrong foot= when they first met, they didn't get along)
听到他的评论,她立刻火了。
3. He has a chip on his shoulder.
他总是愤愤不平。(= he is easily offended)
4. She got
bent5 out of shape.
她气疯了。
5. He left in a huff.
他怒气匆匆地走了。(in a huff:气冲冲)
6. He has a short fuse.
他很容易生气。 (a short fuse= he gets angry easily)
7. She dissed her colleagues.
她羞辱了同事。 (= she insulted/disrespected her colleagues)
8. He got his nose out of
joint6.
他鼻子都气歪了。(out of joint:错位,脱臼)
分享到: