美国语文第二册 第53期:物归原主
时间:2018-05-02 06:21:29
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
lend 租借
Sarah 萨拉
comfort 安慰
ashamed 羞愧
yours 你的
willing 情愿
thimble 顶针
using 使用
borrow 借
depended 依靠
A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING 物归原主
Mary: I wish you would lend me your thimble, Sarah. 玛丽:萨拉,我希望你能把你的顶针借给我。
I can never find my own. 我找不到自己的了。
Sarah: Why is it, Mary, you can never find it? 萨拉:为什么呀,玛丽,你找不到了?
Mary: How can I tell? 玛丽:我哪里知道为什么。
But if you will not lend me yours, I can borrow one elsewhere. 不过如果你不愿意把你的借给我,我可以去别的地方借。
Sarah: I am willing to lend mine to you, Mary. 萨拉:我愿意把我的借给你,玛丽。
But I would very much like to know why you come to me to borrow so often. 但我很想知道你为什么经常找我借东西。
Mary: Because you never lose any of your things, 玛丽:因为你从没有弄丢过你的东西,
and always know where to find them. 总是知道在哪能找到它们。
Sarah: And why do I always know where to find my things? 萨拉:为什么我总知道在哪能找到我的东西呢?
Mary: I do not know why, I am sure. 玛丽:是的,我也不知道为什么。
If I did know, I might sometimes find my own. 如果我知道,我可能就常会找到自己的东西了。
Sarah: I will tell you the secret. 萨拉:我告诉你这个密码吧。
I have a place for everything, 我有个固定的地方放东西,
and I put everything in its place when I have done using it. 当我用完后,我会把所有东西放回原来的地方。
Mary: O Sarah! 玛丽:噢,萨拉!
who wants to run and put away a thing as soon as she has used it, 谁会坚持在用完一件东西之后尽快收拾好,
as if her life depended upon it? 仿佛生活取决于它似的?
Sarah: Our life does not depend upon it, 萨拉:我们的生活不取决于它,
but our comfort does, surely. 但是我们的舒适感显然取决于它。
How much more time will it take to put a thing in its place, 我们把东西放回远处所花的时间,
than to hunt for it or to borrow whenever you want to use it ? 比我们想用东西时去找或借的时间多多少?
Mary: Well, Sarah, 玛丽:好吧,萨拉,
I will never borrow of you again, 我以后不会再向你借东西了,
you may depend upon it. 你的舒适感去决于它。
Sarah: You are not offended with me, I hope. 萨拉:我希望你没跟我生气。
Mary: No, but I am ashamed. 玛丽:没有,但我觉得惭愧。
Before night, I will have a place for everything, 睡觉之前,我会找个固定的地方放东西,
and then I will keep everything in its place. 并且会把所有东西放回原处。
You have taught me a lesson that I shall remember. 你给我上了一堂应当牢记的课。
分享到: