在线英语听力室

英语听书《白鲸记》第596期

时间:2018-05-28 01:15:35

搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。

(单词翻译)

   When you see him 'quid, said the savage1, honing his harpoon2 in the bow of his hoisted3 boat,  “你一看到这种大乌贼,”这个野人一面说,一面把他那支标枪在那只吊起的小艇头上磨着,

  "then you quick see him 'parm whale." “那么,你很快就可以看到抹香鲸。”
  The next day was exceedingly still and sultry,  第二天,格外静寂而闷热,
  and with nothing special to engage them, the Pequod's crew could hardly resist the spell of sleep induced by such a vacant sea. “裴廓德号”水手因为没有什么特别要做的事情,都感到简直抗拒不了由这样一个浩渺的海洋所引来的睡魔。
  For this part of the Indian Ocean through which we then were voyaging is not what whalemen call a lively ground; 在我们当时路过的这一部分印度洋上,并不是捕鲸人称做活场的地方;
  that is, it affords fewer glimpses of porpoises4, dolphins, flying-fish, and other vivacious5 denizens6 of more stirring waters, 就是说,这一带更难看到小鲸,海豚,飞鱼以及其它一些生长在比较热闹的海里的活泼的居民,
  than those off the Rio de la Plata, or the in-shore ground off Peru. 相对于里奥·得·拉·普拉塔,或者秘鲁沿海地带来说。
  It was my turn to stand at the foremast-head; 这时,轮到我站在前桅顶的班;
  and with my shoulders leaning against the slackened royal shrouds7,  我双肩倚着那根松弛的最上护桅索,
  to and fro I idly swayed in what seemed an enchanted8 air. 在那仿佛具有魔力的空中懒洋洋地晃来晃去。
  No resolution could withstand it;  任何坚定意志都经受不了这种气氛,
  in that dreamy mood losing all consciousness, at last my soul went out of my body; 所有的意识都消失在那梦也似的气氛里,最后连我的灵魂也出了窍。
  though my body still continued to sway as a pendulum9 will, long after the power which first moved it is withdrawn10. 虽则原先推着我身体的那股力量早已消失,可是,我的身体还是象钟摆一般继续晃来晃去。
  Ere forgetfulness altogether came over me,  我在没有完全迷迷糊糊之前,
  I had noticed that the seamen11 at the main and mizzen mast-heads were already drowsy12. 看到那两个站在中桅顶和后桅顶的水手都已经打起盹来了。
  So that at last all three of us lifelessly swung from the spars,  所以,最后我们三个人都在那些圆木头上毫无生气地晃了起来,
  and for every swing that we made there was a nod from below from the slumbering13 helmsman. 我们在上边晃一下,下边那个熟睡着的舵手也点一下头。
  The waves, too, nodded their indolent crests14; 海浪也在懒洋洋地点着它那浪头;
  and across the wide trance of the sea, east nodded to west, and the sun over all. 在整个昏睡状态似的辽阔的海面上,东边对西方点头,太阳笼罩了一切。

分享到:

Error Warning!

出错了

Error page: /mobile/index.php?aid=434590&mid=3
Error infos: Got error 28 from storage engine
Error sql: select `l`.`tag`,`l`.`index`,`l`.`level_id`,`b`.`id`,`b`.`word`,`b`.`spell`,`b`.`explain`,`b`.`sentence`,`b`.`src` from `new_wordtaglist` `l` left join `new_word_base` `b` on `l`.`tag`=`b`.`word` where `l`.`arc_id`='434590' and `l`.`level_id`>='' group by `b`.`word` order by `l`.`index` asc

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎 点击提交 分享给大家。