英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第361期:第二十四章 僵局(8)
时间:2018-06-26 02:44:00
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
She glanced over her shoulder at Edward, lying with his eyes closed in the chair. "You didn't tell me you had such good friends in Forks." 她越过自己的肩膀,瞥了一眼爱德华,后者依然躺在那张椅子上,紧紧地闭着双眼。“你还没告诉过我,你在福克斯交了个这么好的朋友。”
I cringed, and then moaned. 我畏缩了一下,然后呻吟起来。
"What hurts?" she demanded anxiously, turning back to me. Edward's eyes flashed to my face. “有哪里疼吗?”她担忧地问道,回过头来。爱德华的眼睛飞快地瞥了一下我的脸。
"It's fine," I assured them. "I just have to remember not to move." He
lapsed1 back into his phony
slumber2. “我很好。”我向她保证道。“我只是刚刚想起来不能乱动。”他又回到他那个伪装的睡眠里去了。
I took advantage of my mother's
momentary3 distraction4 to keep the subject from returning to my less-than-candid behavior. "Where's Phil?" I asked quickly. 我充分利用了我妈妈那一瞬间的分神,努力不让话题回到我那绝对称不上诚实的举动上。“菲尔在哪里?”我迅速问道。
"Florida oh, Bella! You'll never guess! Just when we were about to leave, the best news!" “佛罗里达哦,贝拉!你根本猜不到!就在我们要离开的时候,最好的消息来了!”
"Phil got signed?" I guessed. “菲尔拿到了合约?”我猜测着。
"Yes! How did you guess! The Suns, can you believe it?" “是的!你是怎么猜到的!太阳队,你能相信吗?”
"That's great, Mom," I said as enthusiastically as I could manage, though I had little idea what that meant. “太棒了,妈妈。”我竭尽全力,尽可能说得更热情些,尽管我根本不知道那意味着什么。
"And you'll like Jacksonville so much," she
gushed5 while I stared at her vacantly. "I was a little bit worried when Phil started talking about Akron, “你会喜欢杰克逊维尔的。”我茫然地盯着她,她滔滔不绝地说着。“当菲尔开始跟亚克朗市队沟通的时候,
what with the snow and everything, because you know how I hate the cold, but now Jacksonville! It's always sunny, and the humidity really isn't that bad. 我还有些担心,因为那里到处都是冰雪,你知道我有多讨厌寒冷。但现在,杰克逊维尔!那里总是阳光灿烂,潮湿也没那么糟糕。
We found the cutest house, yellow, with white trim, and a porch just like in an old movie, and this huge oak tree, and it's just a few minutes from the ocean, 我们找到了一所最可爱的房子,黄色的,装饰着白边,还有一个像老电影里那样的门廊,还有那棵巨大的橡树。而且那里离海边只有几分钟路程,
and you'll have your own bathroom " 你还能有你自己的浴室……”
"Wait, Mom!" I interrupted. Edward still had his eyes closed, but he looked too tense to pass as asleep. "What are you talking about? I'm not going to Florida. I live in Forks." “等等,妈妈?”我打断了她的话。爱德华依然闭着眼睛,但他的样子太紧张了,根本不像是在睡觉。“你在说什么?我不打算去佛罗里达。我住在福克斯。”
分享到: