英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第372期:第二十四章 僵局(19)
时间:2018-06-27 01:06:09
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
His forehead creased1. "Of course you are. You may have a scar or two…" 他的前额皱了起来。“当然你会的。你只会留下一两个伤疤……”
"You're wrong," I insisted. "I'm going to die." “你错了。”我坚持说道。“我会死的。”
"Really, Bella." He was anxious now. "You'll be out of here in a few days. Two week at most." “真的,贝拉。”现在他焦急起来了。“你只需在这里待上几天就能出院了。最多两周。”
I glared at him. "I may not die now… but I'm going to die sometime. Every minute of the day, I get closer. And I'm going to get old." 我瞪着他。“我也许不会在现在死去……但我终有一日会死去的。每一天,每一分钟,我都在离死亡更近。而且我会变老的。”
He frowned as what I was saying sunk in, pressing his long fingers to his temples and closing his eyes. "That's how it's supposed to happen. How it should happen. 他听着我说的话,皱起了眉头,把他长长的手指压在鬓角,然后闭上了眼睛。“这正是应该发生的事情。这是本来应该发生的事情。
How it would have happened if I didn't exist and I shouldn't exist." 如果我没有出现的话,这早该发生了——而我根本不应该出现。”
I snorted. He opened his eyes in surprise. "That's stupid. That's like going to someone who's just won the
lottery2, taking their money, and saying, 我哼了一声。他惊讶地睁开眼睛。“这太愚蠢了。就像是某个人刚刚赢得了一张彩票,把钱都领走了,然后说
'Look, let's just go back to how things should be. It's better that way.' And I'm not buying it." ‘看,让我们回到从前,事情应该是那样子的,那样会更好些。’我不会买账的。
"I'm hardly a lottery prize," he
growled3. “我绝对不是一份彩票大奖。”他咆哮着。
"That's right. You're much better." “没错。你要好多了。”
He rolled his eyes and set his lips. "Bella, we're not having this discussion anymore. I refuse to damn you to an
eternity4 of night and that's the end of it." 他翻了翻眼睛,然后启唇说道:“贝拉,我们不会再继续讨论这个话题了。我拒绝诅咒你陷入无尽的黑夜。到此为止。”
"If you think that's the end, then you don't know me very well," I warned him. "You're not the only
vampire5 I know." “如果你认为这事就这样结束了,那你就太不了解我了。”我警告他。“你不是我认识的唯一一个吸血鬼。”
His eyes went black again. "Alice wouldn't dare." 他的眼睛又变暗了。“爱丽丝没这个胆量。”
And for a moment he looked so frightening that I couldn't help but believe it I couldn't imagine someone brave enough to cross him. 然后有一瞬间,他看上去是那么可怕。我情不自禁地想要相信这一点——我想象不出有人能勇敢与他面对面。
分享到: