在线英语听力室

TED演讲:性格的迷思--你究竟是谁(7)

时间:2018-10-06 00:51:30

搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。

(单词翻译)

 I had a consulting contract I shared with a colleague who's as different from me as two people can possibly be. 我跟一名同事共同,负责一项咨询业务,我跟他是截然不同的两个人。

First, his name is Tom. Mine isn't. 首先,他叫汤姆。我不叫汤姆。
Secondly1, he's six foot five. I have a tendency not to be. 其次,他身高1米96。我这辈子是不指望了。
And thirdly, he's as extroverted2 a person as you could find. I am seriously introverted. 第三点,他是个及其外向的人。而我十分内向。
I overload3 so much, I can't even have a cup of coffee after three in the afternoon and expect to sleep in the evening. 我心思很重,我要是下午三点之后喝了杯咖啡,那晚上就别想睡了。
We had seconded to this project a fellow called Michael.  我们还有一个助手,叫麦克。
And Michael almost brought the project to a crashing halt.  麦克几乎把整个项目给搞砸了。
So the person who seconded him asked Tom and me,  麦克的继任者问我和汤姆,
"What do you make of Michael?"  “你们怎么评价麦克?”
Well, I'll tell you what Tom said in a minute. He spoke4 in classic "extrovert-ese." 我稍后再告诉你汤姆是怎么说的。他的回答是非常典型的外向型。
And here is how extroverted ears heard what I said, which is actually pretty accurate. 而我的回答嘛,其实在外向者听来应该是非常精确的。
I said, "Well Michael does have a tendency at times of behaving in a way that some of us might see 我说,“其实,麦克有时候的一些做法,在我们某些人看来
as perhaps more assertive5 than is normally called for."  也许过于自信了,可能有时候有点过分。”
Tom rolled his eyes and he said,  汤姆翻了个白眼说,
"Brian, that's what I said: he's an asshole!" “布莱恩,这不就是我刚刚说的:他就是个混蛋!”

分享到:

Error Warning!

出错了

Error page: /mobile/index.php?aid=451919&mid=3
Error infos: Got error 28 from storage engine
Error sql: select `l`.`tag`,`l`.`index`,`l`.`level_id`,`b`.`id`,`b`.`word`,`b`.`spell`,`b`.`explain`,`b`.`sentence`,`b`.`src` from `new_wordtaglist` `l` left join `new_word_base` `b` on `l`.`tag`=`b`.`word` where `l`.`arc_id`='451919' and `l`.`level_id`>='' group by `b`.`word` order by `l`.`index` asc

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎 点击提交 分享给大家。