Penny. Really? Yes. 佩妮,真的吗?真的
You were very natural in front of the camera, and I found your suggestions extremely helpful. 你在镜头面前表现得很自然,而且我觉得你建议非常有用
Aw, sweetie, you just made my day.Okay. 亲爱的 你让我今天真开心。任务完成
Hey, my
acting1 class is putting on a play Friday night. 我的表演课在周五晚上有场演出
I could put you and Amy on the guest list. 我可以把你和艾米放进宾客名单哦
Oh, that sounds terrible. Why would I want to do that? That's right. 那听起来太无趣了。我怎么可能想去啊?没错
They're no good without the
lighter2. 没有打火机 有烟也白搭
Well, so much for your advice on complimenting Penny. Why? What happened? 你这表扬佩妮的建议可"真好"。为什么?怎么了?
She tried to rope us into going to her acting class to see a play. Don't worry. 她想绑我们去她的表演课 看个话剧。别担心。
Luckily, I had the good sense to drown that kitten in the river. 本人高瞻远瞩早把这想法扼杀于摇篮之中了
Sheldon, that's very rude. 谢尔顿 你太失礼了
She helped you with your show. 她为你的节目出了力
The right thing to do is
reciprocate3 by going to see her play. 你应该好好报答她去看她的话剧
Oh, so many crazy rules. 规矩也太多了吧
That better be Tootsie Rolls you're throwing at me! 你扔过来的最好是巧克力糖
Penny. Penny. Penny. Oh yeah, much better.What? 佩妮 佩妮佩妮。感觉好多了。干嘛?
Amy
pointed4 out to me that since you did something nice for me,I'm obligated to do something nice for you. 艾米告诉我你帮了我的忙所以我也应该礼尚往来
So...yes, I'll go to your dopey play. 所以好 我会去看你的傻帽话剧
Hey, I don't want you to go anymore. Why not? 可我已经不想让你去了。为什么?
You should go 'cause you want to go,not because you have to. 你如果愿意的话可以去,但若是被强迫就算了
Oh, Dear Lord, more rules? Where does it stop? 老天爷啊 更多规矩 何时才能是尽头啊
Can I want to go because I have to want to go? 我能不能想去是因为我必须想去
Okay. Do whatever you want.Yeah, but now, wait. 行,你想怎样就怎样。不行,等等。
Do whatever I want... or whatever I have to want? 我想怎样就怎样还是我必须想怎样就怎样
Oh, for God's sake, just come to the play.All right. 我的天 你来看话剧就是了。好吧。
I don't want to, but at least that makes sense. 我不想去 不过这决定挺有道理的
You know, I haven't seen Raj in several days. 我好几天没见过拉杰了
Is he no longer a part of our social group? 他还是我们的小团体中的一员吗
And if so, should we be interviewing for a
replacement5? 如果不是的话 我们要开始面试替补人员吗
Perhaps, this time, we go Latin. 或许这次我们该找个拉丁人
He's just
decided6 he's never leaving his apartment again.Oh, brilliant. 他决定再也不踏出自己的公寓了。真棒。
I've been
itching7 to pull that trigger. 我一直想这么做来着
He's upset because he can't get anywhere with women. 他很伤心 因为总交不到女朋友
Would it help if I gave him some pointers? 要不要我去给他点建议
I'm just funnin' ya. Hi. 我逗你们玩呢?你好
I don't know if you remember me, but I was here the other night at your party. 不知道你还记不记得我那天晚上我来参加过你的聚会来着
Oh, yeah, you left with Raj. Uh, yeah.You're the one? 对 你和拉杰一起走的。是的。就是你吗?
Okay, let me tell you something. 我告诉你
That guy you blew off happens to be my best friend. 你甩掉的那个人是我最好的朋友
Okay? He was
devastated8. Sorry. Can you just give him this?Okay. 他被伤透了心。对不起。你能把这个给他吗?好
But I gotta warn you, Raj is a proud,
passionate9 man. 但我得警告你拉杰是个骄傲 情感激烈的人
If you go running out on him again, you're only gonna get, like,three or four more chances before you are history. 如果你再撇下他偷跑掉,你离成为过去式就剩三到四次机会了
Come on, she came back. This is good news. 别这样嘛,她回来了。这是好消息。
You should celebrate. I don't want to celebrate.Not even a little? 你应该好好庆祝才对。我不想庆祝。一点也不吗?
I mean... we could have a pants party. 我们可以办个裤子派对啊
Go put some on. 快去找条穿上
Why would I want her number? 我要她的电话号码做什么
I don't want anything to do with this woman. 我不想和这女人再有任何瓜葛
Oh, come on, Raj... No, you don't get it. 拜托 拉杰 你不明白
I want nothing to do with any woman. 我再也不想和任何女人有瓜葛了
My heart is stone. From now on, I'm a
monk10. 我心已死。从现在起 我要当个和尚
I
renounce11 all worldly pleasures. Except for
lobster12. And garlic butter. 我要拒绝尘世一切享受。除了龙虾。还有蒜蓉酱
Boy, I want to tell you it's her loss,but you are not making it easy. 我本来想告诉你这是她的损失,但你还真是让我说不出口啊
You'reyou're a good friend for trying to help, but...I've made my choice. All right. 你真是个好朋友 这么帮我 但...我意已决好吧
Well, I'll see you around. See you. 那回头见 回见
Oh, wait take her number.I don't want the temptation. Okay. 等等,把她的号码拿走。别留下诱惑,好
I must be strong so I don't stray from my true purpose: the study of the universe.All right. 我必须坚强起来 坚持自己的奋斗目标宇宙研究。好吧
Thanks for ruining lobster for me.Wait! 谢谢你让我再也不想吃龙虾了。等等
Give me the number! Give me the number! Give me the number! 把号码给我!把号码给我!把号码给我!
So, Amy, what's going on with your
addiction13 study? 艾米 你的上瘾研究怎么样了
Sadly, I'm no longer associated with that project. 很遗憾 我已经被项目团队踢出来了
Why? What happened? 为什么 出什么事了
You can get animals
addicted15 to a harmful substance, 你可以让动物对有害物质上瘾
you can
dissect16 their brains, but you throw their own feces back at them and suddenly you're "unprofessional."
I'm sorry......that I asked. All right, let's get this stupid play over with. 真是抱歉我真多嘴...好啦,白痴话剧早看早完。
Uh, hang on. Empty your pockets. Why? 等等。掏空你的口袋。为什么?
You know why.The Nintendo DS. And the PSP.Now the Gameboy. Aw, for Pete's sake.
Can we go now? Well, is that all of it? Just set it down. 现在可以走了吗?全部交出来了吗?放下就好
Just so you know, this is not a stupid play. 告诉你 这可不是白痴话剧
A Streetcar Named Desire is an American classic.It's about streetcars? 《欲望号街车》是美国经典。原来是讲地面电车啊?
Oh, great. I won't need this. Just a sec. 太好了,那这个也不要了。等下。
Oh, who says "just a sec"? I hate myself!Hello.Hi. 谁会说"等下"啊?我恨我自己!你好,你好
Uh, would you like to come in? Oh, no, I can't stay. 要进来吗?不用了,我马上就走
I just wanted to say... I'm sorry for running out of the coffee shop. 我只是想说抱歉我从咖啡店逃走了
That wasn't cool.So, uh... Yeah.I'm sorry.Wait. 那样做太不像话了。所以是的。对不起。等等
Can you at least tell me what went wrong? 至少能告诉我 哪里出错了吗
It's okay. I can take anything. 没事的 什么原因我都能接受
Unless it's something I did, or said, or am. 除非是说我做的事说的话 或是我这人怎样
'Cause those are, like, my buttons. 这些原因会让我发火的
No, it's not any of that. 不是这些原因
It's just...I kind of have a hard time around people I don't know. Really? 只是我在陌生人周围会感觉非常不自在。真的吗?
Then what were you doing at the comic book store that night? 那你那晚为什么会去漫画店
I've been trying to force myself into situations that I'm not comfortable with. 我在尝试强迫自己面对我不喜欢的环境
I saw the flyer in the store window,and I made myself go in. 我在商店橱窗上看到宣传单我强迫自己去的
I don't even like comic books. 我压根连个漫画粉都不是
Yeah, me neither.Then what were you doing there?I lied. I love them. 我也不喜欢。那你为什么要去?我说谎了。我爱漫画书
I only said that so you'd go out with me. 我这样说只是希望你愿意和我约会
Oh, you don't want to do that. I'm kind of broken. That's great. 你还是不要和我约会为妙。我不能算是个正常人。太好了。
I'm broken, too. Oh, no, you're not. Oh, I totally am. 我也不正常。你不是的。我相当不正常
If it wasn't for this beer, I couldn't even talk to you right now.I'm a
wreck17.
There are many things seriously wrong with me. 我有很多非常严重的毛病
Like... diagnosable psychological problems. 准确来说是可诊断的心理问题
Maybe brain damage. 有可能是脑子坏了
Well, how do I know you're not just saying that? 我怎么知道你不是随便说说的
Go out with me on one date,and I promise you, you'll see.Okay.Text me.Bye. 和我约会一次我向你保证 你会看见满是毛病的我,好的,发短信给我,拜
You won't regret it. 你不会后悔的
I'm the most pathetic guy you've ever met. 我是你这辈子所碰到 最悲催的男人
And that, boys and girls... is how it's done. 就这样 孩子们泡妞就是这样的
You love her very much, don't you?Yes. 你非常爱她,对吗?是的
I think you have a great capacity for devotion. 我觉得你是个非常有奉献精神的人
You'll be lonely when she passes on, won't you? 她去世后你会孤单对吗
I understand what that is.To be lonely? 我明白这种感觉,孤单的感觉吗?
She's pretty good, huh? She is. 她很不错啊?的确
But when do they get to the part about streetcars? 什么时候才能演到有轨电车啊
...when I was a very young girl. 在我很小的时候
When I was 16 years old, I made the discovery...love. 我16岁时,发现了爱情
All at once, and much, much too completely. 一下子一切来得太突然了
It was like you suddenly turned a blinding light on something that had always been half a shadow. 就好像你突然将明亮的灯光照到总是一半处于黑暗中的东西一样
That's how it struck the world for me. 于是我的生活发生了天翻地覆的变化
But I was unlucky.
Deluded19.She's
remarkable20.She really is. Our Penny's a star. 但我是不幸的。被欺骗了。她的表演太精彩了,的确。咱们的佩妮是大明星
How can she remember all those lines,but as a waitress, she can't remember "no tomato" on my hamburger? 她怎么能记住那么多台词但作为服务员,却不记得我的汉堡是不要加番茄的