生活大爆炸 第六季:第18集:女性与科学(下)
时间:2019-02-21 01:32:18
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Excuse me, I'm meeting a girl here. 不好意思 我约了女生在这里见面
It's kind of our first date.In a library? 这是我们的第一次约会。在图书馆吗?
She and I are both a little awkward in social situations, so this seemed like a good idea. 我和她都有些不擅长社交所以这里挺好的
People say I'm a little awkward, too. 也常有人说我挺怪的
May I join you? No, you can't join us. 我能加入你们吗?不行。
Just go-go climb back up whatever beanstalk you came down from. 你赶紧走开从哪儿来回哪儿去
You can do better. Oh, we're eating here? 你可以找到更好的。我们要在这里吃吗
We're having a texting date?I love that. 这是短信约会吗我喜欢
As you're reading, it will help to remember I have an adorable accent. 你看短信的时候要记得我有超可爱的口音哦
Okay, who's ready for some science? Me, too. 好,大家准备好来个科学之旅了吗?我也是
Okay, I am Dr. Leonard Hofstadter. 我是莱纳德?霍夫斯塔德博士
I am here with my friends Dr. Cooper and real-life astronaut Howard Wolowitz, 这是我的朋友库珀博士和真正的宇航员霍华德?沃罗威茨
and we are going to show you girls how cool a job in science can be. 我们会为你们展现科学工作会有多酷
How cool, you ask? 你们问有多酷(冷)是吗
Well, how about negative 273 degrees,'cause that's the temperature at which entropy reaches its minimum value. 大概有零下273度(绝对零度)热力学函数因为那是熵达到其最小值时的温度
Did I just learn something new and have fun doing it? What? All right! 我刚才是开心地学到新知识了吗?还有这种好事?很好
So now let's bring out theoretical
physicist1 Dr. Sheldon Cooper.Hello, female children. 现在有请理论物理学家谢尔顿?库珀博士。你们好 女孩子们
Allow me to inspire you with a story about a great female scientist. 请允许我用一个伟大的女性科学家的故事来激励你们
Polish-born, French-educated Madame Curie. 在波兰出生 在法国接受教育的居里夫人
Codiscoverer of radioactivity, she was a hero of science... until her hair fell out; 她是放射线的发现人之一是科学界的英雄直到她的头发掉光
her
vomit2 and stool became filled with blood...and she was poisoned to death by her own discovery. 吐血和大便带血她被自己的发现毒死了
With a little hard work,I see no reason why that can't happen to any of you. 只要勤奋努力你们一定都能获得她的成果
Are we done? Can we go? 结束了没 我们能走了吗
The thing to remember is you can go to outer space, too. 重要的是你们也可以去外太空
I mean, look at me.I went to this very school. 瞧瞧我,我以前就是这个学校的学生
Those desks you're sitting in,I was once superglued to one of them. 你们坐着的其中一张课桌我曾经被人用强力胶粘在上面过
Did you go to the moon? 你去月球了吗
No, but I did go to the International Space Station. 没有 但我确实去了国际太空站
Did you fly the rocket? 你驾驶火箭了吗
No, but I was in the rocket.I didn't actually... 没有,但我确实乘坐了火箭。我没有
So you just flew around? That's kind of like my uncle. 所以你就是飞而已 和我叔叔很像
He's a flight attendant. No... 他是个空乘员。不
I'm an American hero. 我是美国的英雄
Your uncle brings people nuts, okay? 而你叔叔只会让人抓狂
Boy, we are learning a lot here, huh? 我们学到了很多是吧
Thank you, Astronaut Howard. 谢谢你 霍华德宇航员
Um, I am what's called an experimental physicist,which is super-fun, because I get to test theories and work with lasers. 我是一名实验物理学家我的工作特别好玩 因为我能测试证明理论工作还能跟激光打交道
Yes? How did you decide to become a scientist? Uh, excellent question. 请讲?你是怎么决定当个科学家的?这问题提得好
Um, I suppose I've always been into science, you know... 我从小就喜欢科学
My mother and father are scientists, so I was kind of led in that direction. 我的妈妈爸爸都是科学家所以他们一直引导我走上这条路
Eh, pushed might be a better way to describe it. 我是被逼的 这种形容更恰当
To be honest with you guys,when I was your age,I wanted to be a rap star. 说句实话我在你们这么大的时候我想当的是说唱明星
Like Snoop Dogg,but with a healthy respect for the police. 像史诺普?道格一样(史诺普?道格 美国说唱歌手犯有私藏枪支和大麻罪)但是对警方更为尊重
Yeah, no, sure, you laugh. Just like my mother did. 没关系,你们笑吧。我妈也笑了。
After I
confided3, I was
derided4 and chided, my moms and I collided. 我对她坦诚相告 她对我责备嘲笑我们俩碰撞引爆
She said my dreams were misguided. That's just a little freestyle. 她说我路走歪掉。随便即兴说唱两句我爸爸是印度的妇科医生
My dad's a gynecologist in India,so if you're over there and need a check-up, as he likes to say, he's "at your cervix."That's terrible. 如果你去了印度 需要检查一下子宫cervix与服务service音似原意是"为你效劳"用他的话来说 他愿意"检查你的子宫"太坏了
Your dad should be sent to the pun-itentiary.That's a fitting pun-ishment. 真是个合适的(双关)惩罚(penitentiary是监狱 但pun-itentiary则是双关语监狱你爸爸该被送进"双关"监狱)
I still don't know what you do for a living.Web design. 我还不知道你的工作呢网页设计,
Anything I might have seen? I don't know. 有我可能看过的网页吗我不知道,
You ever look at porn web sites? No, never.What is porn? Sorry. Autocorrect. 你浏览过色情网站吗?从来没有那是什么。不好意思,自动纠错功能。
That was supposed to say "Prom Web sites." Ooh, fun. I love prom. "我本来打的是舞会网站"真有趣 我喜欢舞会。
The romance, the gowns,it's like a fairy tale come to life. 气氛浪漫,锦衣华服简直就像童话成真了
Sorry. Autocorrect.That was supposed to say, "I like sports."I never wanted to play the
cello5. 不好意思,自动纠错功能。我本来打的是"我喜欢运动"我从来都不想拉大提琴
How do you meet girls playing the cello? 拉大提琴怎么泡得到女孩啊
"Hey, you want to come over to my house and listen to me play an instrument that sounds like a suicidal bumblebee?" "你想来我家听我演奏一种乐器吗?那听起来像大黄蜂自杀的声音哦"
Quick, pull the fire alarm. Let's get out of here. Uh, hello again. 赶紧去拉响火警报警器。好让咱们趁机溜走。各位 再次问好
Um, yeah, I don't know if women in general have been
actively6 discouraged 我不知道是不是所有的女人都被人主动劝阻过
from pursuing the sciences, but it's clear you young women here,today, have been.
While I was listening to my colleagues waste your time, 我听着我同事们废话连篇浪费你们的时间
it occurred to me that it might be much more meaningful 我突然想到 如果让真实的科学女强人
to hear about women in science from actual women in science, 为你们讲述女人投身科学的事迹这样也许更有意义
and, uh, I happen to know two brilliant examples 我碰巧认识两位科学女强人
who have agreed to speak to you on the phone right now. 她们同意现在和你们进行电话交流
Uh, Dr. Rostenkowski,Dr. Fowler, are you there? We're here. 罗斯滕科夫斯基博士福勒博士,你们在吗?我们在
Thank you for taking time out of your very busy schedule to enlighten these young women. 感谢两位在百忙之中抽出宝贵的时间来启发年轻的女孩子们
It's our pleasure. I'm Dr. Fowler, and I'm a neuroscientist. 乐意之至。我是福勒博士,神经科学家
And I'm Dr. Rostenkowski Wolowitz, and I'm a microbiologist. 我是罗森考斯基?沃罗维茨博士微生物学家
The world of science needs more women,but from a young age, we girls are encouraged to care 科学世界需要更多女性但女孩们从小就被教导成
more about the way we look than about the power of our minds. 更在乎自己的外貌而不是头脑的力量
That's true. Every one of you has the capacity to be anything you want to be. 是的你们每一个人都有能力成为自己想当的人
Unless you want to be Cinderella.Come at me.See what happens. 但想当灰姑娘就不行。来单挑啊看看谁厉害
This was really fun. 今天真的很好玩
My battery's dying, so I'm just gonna talk. 我的手机要没电了 我就用说的吧
Thanks for today. 谢谢今天你约我出来
I've been trying to do more things that scare me, and coming here was definitely one of them. 我一直试着做更多让我害怕的事情来这和你约会绝对是其中之一
But it was also really nice. 但今天真挺不错的
So thanks, and, um, I'm gonna go. 所以 谢谢我打算走了
Maybe I could do one more scary thing before I go and give you a kiss good-bye? 也许我在离开前能再做一件可怕的事 和你吻别
You know, if that's okay.Okay. Okay. 如果你同意的话好吧 好吧
Panic attack! Maybe next time. 恐慌症发作 下次吧
I'm counting that as foreplay. 我就把这算做前戏了
Bernie, I'm home. 妮妮 我回家了
You have fun today? 你今天玩的开心吗
Yes, and I have a surprise for you. 开心 而且我为你准备了惊喜
Please be Cinderella. Please be Cinderella. 一定要是灰姑娘 一定要是灰姑娘
Well, hello, Prince Charming. Milady. 你好啊 白马王子小姐
Hey, how was your... what? I can explain. 你今天... 什么情况我能解释
I played hooky with the girls,then we all went to Disneyland and got... 我和姑娘们翘班一起去了迪士尼乐园 然后...
What are you doing? 你在干什么呢
Disneyland. Go on, I'm listening. 迪士尼乐园嘛 继续说 我听着呢
Sheldon, all Snow White needs is one little kiss to wake up. 谢尔顿 白雪公主只需要轻轻一吻就能醒来哦
Heard you the first time. 你说第一次时我就听见了
分享到: