和室友吵架
时间:2005-10-19 16:00:00
(单词翻译:单击)
A:What's up,
buddy1? You sound a little down in dumps.
怎么了,哥们?你听起来好象情绪低迷啊。
B:I quarreled with my roommate last night. He is really stubborn
我昨晚和室友吵架了。他太倔了.
A:Calm down, Bill. Shouting won't help.
冷静Bill。喊不解决问题。
B:He's really
outrageous2.
他太过分了。
A:What happened?
怎么了?
B: I went back home last night, you know tired like a dog. So I took a quick shower and went to bed. But I couldn't fall asleep cause Brian wsa there in the living room, playing his stupid stereo so loud. And when I
kindly3 told him to turn that down a little bit. He shouted at me.
我昨天晚上回家,你知道累得象狗似的。我很快的洗了个澡然后就上床了。可是Brian在客厅里把他那个破音响开得震天响。吵得我睡不找。我礼貌的告诉他把声音关小点时,他却对我大喊大叫。
A:What? He can't do this to you.
什么?他不能这么做。
B:Well he did it anyway. Then he come into my room and shot all his shit. Bla blab la. You know.
他就是这么做的。然后他到了我这屋嘟嘟囔囔。
A:What did you do?
那你呢?
B:I shouted back of course.
我当然也喊来着
A:Hold it. Ryne. You won't accomplish anything by hollering at him, right? You're all worked up now. why not wait until you cool down a bit?
忍一忍。喊叫解决不了问题。你们现在都很激动。为什么不等你们冷静下来呢?
B:What would you do if you were in my shoes?
你是我的话会怎么办?
A:Just stay cool. You know. When you get back home tonight, tell him that you didn't mean to quarrel with him.
保持冷静。你知道,今晚你回家的时候,告诉他你不是真想和他吵。
B:No way, Marco. I mean it's not my fault.
没门,又不是我的错
A:I know. It won't hurt much to say sorry first. And after that, you can
casually4 mention the problem. I'm sure he'll cooperate.
我知道。可先说抱歉又不损失什么。之后你可以慢慢地和他提这件事。我相信他会合作的。
Attention Please…特别提醒
[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]
[1] shoot the shit.说脏话。想象一下。当一个人象开枪一样把那些脏话射出来的时候,你就会感到这句话有多形象了。
[2] What would you do if you were in my shoes? In my shoes不是指在我的鞋里。而是指处在我的位置上。这句话也可以说成What would you do if you were in my position?
Related Words…相关词汇
以下这些词并未给出汉语意思,你可以试着用我们学到的英语问问外教它们的意思
[ ie:What does "***"mean?"***"是什么意思?]
You don't have to twist my rubber arm. Love makes the world go around.
分享到: