纯正地道美语(外教讲解)292:爱干净的人伤不起(在线收听

  A:Ugg, this bathroom is a pigsty!
  呃,浴室简直就是一猪圈啦!
  B:Helen,  why  do  you  keep  flushing  the  toilet? What' s wrong?
  海伦,为什么你一直在冲洗厕所,出什么事了吗?
  A:I just  can' t  stand  it.   It' s  really  gross  in  here! There' s a stain on the toilet seat, and the floor was wet and slippery. So I cleaned it!
  我实在忍受不了了。这里真的很脏乱。马桶座圈上有一点瑕疵,地板又湿又滑的。所以我刚刚清理了一下。
  B:You  did  what?   Helen,  I  know  it' s  gross,  but I' ve seen many public washrooms that are much worse. Why are you cleaning the counter top? are you out of your mind?
  你做什么了,海伦?我知道这里又脏又乱的,但是我见过很多公共洗手间比这里还要差。为什么你要清理柜台面,你疯了吗?
  A:I can' t help myself; it' s just so disgusting in here!
  我忍不住,这实在太让人恶心了!
  B:Helen, this is not like your own bathroom.  Just leave it to the cleaners, okay?
  海伦,这不是你家里的洗手间,让清洁工处理,好吗?
  A:Hang on. I' m just gonna quickly wipe the sink and sweep the floor.
  等等我,我正准备快速把水槽擦干净,和扫地。
  B:You' re such a neat freak! I' m outta here!
  你就是一个洁癖!我要走了!
  Vocabulary Acquisition(蓝色标示的是之前有讲到):
  pigsty n. 猪舍;木垛;脏乱的地方
  flush 用水冲洗
  Flush toilets are replacing buckets. 抽水马桶取代了提桶。
  stain n. 污点;瑕疵;着色剂
  You can remove a red wine stain from a carpet with salt. 你可以用盐去除地毯上红葡萄酒的污迹。
  slippery adj. 滑的;狡猾的;不稳定的
  The slippery bar of soap seemed to jump from his hands.一块很滑的肥皂好象从他手中跳了出去似的。
  counter top 柜台面
  disgusting adj. 令人厌恶的
  outta prep. “out of”的简写体
  Get outta my face you asshole! 把你的屁眼从我的脸上拿开!
  Wanna share with you:
  My Nice Grand Aunt(my father' father' younger sister,即我的姑奶奶), a medical officer of health(军医官), is a neat freak to some extend. When my family is invited into her place, she always supervises our washing hands before meal and address me and emphasize the importance of keeing invisible bacteria away in our daily life. And I feel she is a respectable elder and I like her. Is there anybody who is tend to be a neat freak and want to keep everything clean in your surroundings? And do you like or dislike him or her? Just talk freely.
 

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/czddmy/162479.html